LINKIN PARK's MIKE SHINODA Shares Note To Bandmates With Fans

MetalAges

Purveyor of the Unique & Distinct
Staff member
Sep 30, 2001
Virginia, USA
www.ultimatemetal.com
According to The Pulse Of Radio, LINKIN PARK vocalist Mike Shinoda made public a note he sent to his fellow band members about the progress of their seventh studio album, in which he stated: "I want this album to be our best." Shinoda wrote: "I had an epiphany today about the album. Right now, in the studio, the foundations of the songs are there… I think it's time to shift into the next gear. Let's discover the voice of this album. I want to get into experimentation mode, get weirder, and record more live instruments. "I said at the beginning, I want this album to be our best. "Let's do this! Feel free to give me a call to discuss, or we can talk on Monday. I'm AMPED." Shinoda also recently appeared in a video giving a 360-degree tour of the band's studio. He also offered a few more insights on the next album, saying: "We've got basically like vocals and chords, like words and melodies and chords on a lot of our favorites and we’ve narrowed it down recently to like under 20 hopefully." One other thing that Shinoda notes in the video is that he's not sure if the new album will be finished in time to come out in 2016, saying: "We're doing our best." The new disc will follow up 2014's "The Hunting Party", which featured the No. 1 singles "Guilty All The Same" and "Until It's Gone". LINKIN PARK has been mostly out of the public eye since an early 2015 tour in support of "The Hunting Party" was scrapped when singer Chester Bennington injured his foot. Bennington also ended his two-year run as STONE TEMPLE PILOTS frontman in late 2015 so he could refocus on LINKIN PARK.

Continue reading...