Lion's Share new album

Wyvern

Master of Disaster
Staff member
Nov 24, 2002
"Dark Hours" will be released on March 25th on Blistering Records.

01. Judas Must Die
02. Phantom Rider
03. Demon In Your Mind
04. Heavy Cross To Bear
05. The Bottomless Pit
06. Full Metal Jacket
07. The Presidio 27
08. Barker Ranch
09. Napalm Nights
10. Space Scam
11. Behind The Curtain
12. King Of All The Kings (bonus digipack version)
13. Judas Must Die (vídeo) (bonus digipack version)
14. Behind-The-Scenes Footage (vídeo)(bonus digipack version)

dark_hours300.jpg

I hope it will have a good distribution, if it's 1/10 of good as "Emotional Coma" is a heavy ass-kicker :headbang:

These guys are still together? I've got their album from maybe 2000 - Grace? It had the song Warmachine and their cover of Touch of Evil.

"Fall From Grace", it's the third and final album with the original vocalist Andy Engberg. All three are quite strong stuff in the vein of Tad Morose, Morgana Lefay and Chapter VI by Candlemass. Engberg was an excellent vocalist, he's the bald guy in the backing choir on the Evergrey DVD by the way.
After that they did one album with another vocalist which was rather mediocre and Emotional Coma wasn't really a step up at least in my opinion. Very dull. So I'm not really looking forward to this new one but I'll give it a fair shot.

Nils Patrik Johansson is again the vocalist?

Yes he is.

Emotional Coma wasn't really a step up at least in my opinion. Very dull. So I'm not really looking forward to this new one but I'll give it a fair shot.

Here we disagree big time. I found "Emotional Coma" extremely good and refreshing, even better than the Astral Doors album that came out the same year. Also I found the side project of Lars and Sampo, Road To Ruin quite interesting.

These guys are still together? I've got their album from maybe 2000 - Grace? It had the song Warmachine and their cover of Touch of Evil.

You're talking about 2 different albums. The Touch Of Evil cover was on Fall From Grace (1999), the last one with the great original singer Andy Engberg.

The song War Machine is from the 2001 album Entrance, the only one they did with the not-bad-but-too-higher-pitched singer Tony Niva. The album itself was very good IMO, more straight-forward hard rock/metal compared to the more progressive-metal style of Fall From Grace and Two (1997).

I really enjoyed Emotional Coma with Nils Patrick Johansson on vox and I'm looking forward to the new disc. That being said, as much as I enjoy Johannson's vocals, as I can already hear him in Astral Doors, I'd rather get Engberg back in Lions Share...But it wonKt happen as it seems...

I like all Lions Share discs, but here is my order of preference:

Two
Fall From Grace
Emotional Coma
Entrance
Lions Share

Yes he is.

Here we disagree big time. I found "Emotional Coma" extremely good and refreshing, even better than the Astral Doors album that came out the same year. Also I found the side project of Lars and Sampo, Road To Ruin quite interesting.

I liked that ROAD TO RUIN disc quite a bit too. Cool 70s metal style.