Listen To New THREE DAYS GRACE Song 'I Am An Outsider'

MetalAges

Purveyor of the Unique & Distinct
Staff member
Sep 30, 2001
Virginia, USA
www.ultimatemetal.com
THREE DAYS GRACE, the internationally acclaimed and multi-platinum certified Canadian band with over a billion streams on Spotify, will release its new album, "Outsider", on March 9 via RCA. "Outsider" is the sixth full-length album from the band, and is the group's first since 2015's "Human". "Outsider" track listing: 01. Right Left Wrong 02. The Mountain 03. I Am An Outsider 04. Infra-Red 05. Nothing To Lose But You 06. Me Against You 07. Love Me Or Leave Me 08. Strange Days 09. Villain I'm Not 10. Chasing The First Time 11. The New Real 12. The Abyss The song "I Am An Outsider" can be streamed below. "We've always written about being the odd person out and being comfortable with that," drummer Neil Sanderson told Billboard. "I Am An Outsider" is "about deciding that you don't want to be exposed to so many influences in your life and to people who have a negative influence on you," he said. "You want to be able to take a great big step backwards and view all the chaos and absurdity from a distance — 'I don't want to believe the same way, the same things you to just to sort of conform to anything. I want to have my own set of thoughts and my own set of feelings.' We've always kind of felt like that, I think." "To me, 'Outsider' represents the journey to find your place," said bass player Brad Walst. "The world feels crazy at times. We try to get away from that every once in a while. We do our own thing, and we're comfortable doing it. We have always looked forward — and not backwards. That's an ongoing theme." Forging a new path forward is exactly what the musicians did in the fall of 2016. Instead of congregating in a downtown Toronto rehearsal space, the band which consists of Matt Walst (lead vocals), Barry Stock (lead guitar), Brad Walst (bass) and Neil Sanderson (drums, percussion, keyboards, programming), initially wrote in a converted garage behind Brad's house located two hours from the city. "This is all about taking a step back from life's madness without destroying yourself, cutting everyone off, or going crazy," said Neil. "You get a break and find the space to create." Eventually, the band retreated to Neil's 90-acre farm to further hone ideas, and often sat around bonfires with acoustic guitars, tapping into the wild spirit surrounding them. As the songs took shape, the band headed to the Ontario's remote Jukasa Studios, and called upon longtime friends and collaborators including producers Gavin Brown and Howard Benso, engineer Mike Plotnikoff and Chris Lord-Alge on mixing duties, for an album that speaks directly to their army of fans from around the globe. "That production team hasn't happened since 'One-X'," added Neil. "We were lucky to get this group together. It made sense because we were in a similar headspace." As much as it upholds tradition, "Outsider" represents progression for THREE DAYS GRACE. Marking his second offering as part of the band, Matt showed "a new level of confidence and brought a ton of ideas," according to his brother Brad. Meanwhile, Neil expanded the signature electronic palette, integrating analog synths and standout programming with the help of Rhys Fulber (FEAR FACTORY, FRONTLINE ASSEMBLY). He casually nodded to electronic influences as diverse as NINE INCH NAILS, WHITE ZOMBIE, BRING ME THE HORIZON, Lana Del Rey, and a surprising cult classic, the movie "Lost Boys". First single "The Mountain" evinces that evolution. Those cinematic sonic flourishes augment arena-ready riffs before summiting towards a seismic refrain, "I'm still surviving, keep climbing, keep climbing the mountain." Given this undeniable unpredictability, "Outsider" feels right at home alongside a catalog of fan favorites from THREE DAYS GRACE. Since 2003, the band has staked a spot amongst the hard rock vanguard, breaking records, toppling charts, moving millions of units worldwide, and making history by holding the all-time record for "most #1 singles at Active Rock Radio ever" with 13. In 2015, "Human" marked the group's second straight #1 slot on the Billboard Top Hard Rock Albums chart as well as their fourth consecutive debut in Top 20 of the Top 200. It spawned two #1 singles "Painkiller" and "I Am Machine", signaling the band's 13th overall and fifth consecutive number ones on the Active Rock Radio chart. Moreover, the four-piece consistently averaged a staggering 3.9 million monthly listeners on Spotify — remaining one of the most listened to rock bands in the world.
threedaysgraceoutsidercd.jpg

Continue reading...