Listened to "Brave Murder Day"

No no no, my friends. The most comparable album to BMD is the "Gothic" lp from Paradise Lost. Well, as once the Terrorizer magazine said (in article featuring the best in metal of the 90s) BMD is the best "copy" of Gothic from Paradise Lost and I agree totally.

As MadTinus mentioned Rapture's Futile and Songs for Withering are closest to BMD. IMO Futile is almost as good as BMD. Best finnish album ever.

Danish band Blazing Eternity's album Times and Unknown Waters is also very Brave Murder Dayish album.

Yeah Rainroom is a winner, and Brave too. I love evry part in Rainroom, especially the clean vocals part and the outro with the devestating double bassdrums!! They shouldn't have ripped of Iron Maiden's Phantom of the Opera though to come up with this majestic riff in Brave :p

Originally posted by golgotha85
I quite like Forest of Shadows, which is a similar kind of band... The MCD Where Dreams Turn To Dust is one of my favourites!

yeah i think its brilliant, only 3 songs, but all great, the flute intro is quite good too. lyrics are similar to Opeth, but who cares.

Solace Denied (www.solacedenied.com) are similar, a lot heavier but if you like FoS then get your ears into this one.