LITA FORD On THE RUNAWAYS: 'We Were Just Teenage Girls With Raging Hormones'

MetalAges

Purveyor of the Unique & Distinct
Staff member
Sep 30, 2001
Virginia, USA
www.ultimatemetal.com
Mark Strigl of "Talking Metal" (web site) recently conducted an interview with '80s hard rock queen Lita Ford. You can now listen to the chat using the Spreaker widget below. Speaking about her long-awaited autobiography, "Lita Ford - Living Like A Runaway: A Memoir", which is now set to arrive in March 2016 via Dey Street Books (formerly It Books), an imprint of HarperCollins Publishers, Lita said: "It was a bit of a struggle at first [to write the book], because I felt like people weren't understanding what I was trying to say. You know, it's a man-dominated world, and here's some girl trying to explain to them, 'This is what I did when I was 16,' and 'This is what I did when I was 21.' They just didn't seem to wrap their head around it, and it didn't work. So I went on further and looked for someone else to help me write the book. Strike number two. Writer number two didn't work out, and I finally figured, 'You know what? I'm just gonna do this myself, 'cause there's no way I'm gonna let it fall [under someone else's control].' So it's done — thank God. It's a pretty cool book. It's got a lot of ups and downs: a lot of sadness, a lot of happiness, a lot of humor… definitely a lot of sex, drugs and rock and roll. And I think people will like it." At least a good portion of "Living Like A Runaway: A Memoir" will focus on Lita's years with the all-teenage-girl rock band THE RUNAWAYS, whose members also included fellow future rock star Joan Jett. "Coming from a teenage girl, [being in a touring rock band] takes on a whole different demeanor," Ford said. "Growing up with girls, and being with girls you don't really know… It's not like being put into a classroom where you don't really know the girls, but you're in a classroom with them. And you get to know them. You may not like them, but you're in a classroom with them, and you're stuck with them for the semester. But THE RUNAWAYS, we were just teenage girls with raging hormones." Ford's latest studio album, "Living Like A Runaway", was released in June 2012 in North America. The effort was made available in four configurations: a double LP, limited-edition CD, standard CD and digital download. The artwork for the album was created by famed rock photographer Mark Weiss.
litafordmemoirrunaway.jpg

More...