Little Labs Red Eye?????????????

chuck1703

MYSPACE.COM/BURNINGSKIES
Apr 8, 2006
Bristol
Just nee to clarify something with you guys. I think i've been using my little labs red eye wrong for reamping.
I have my di signal playing though a motu i/0, into the 'Instrument In' input, then through the 'Instrument in or instrument thru' at the back, then into the amp. Shouldn't the 're-amp out' jack be in this chain some where??? sorry if this sounds like a retarded question.

yeahhh you're doing it wrong.

When you're using it as a DI, make sure it's in DI mode. Guitar goes into instrument in, mic level out to a mic input for recording, instrument in/through to amp can be used to connect up an amp so you can hear something decent while you're recording the DI

when you're reamping, make sure it's in re-amp mode. Line level in should be for the DI signal coming from your MOTU. re-amp out should be going out to the amp

Totally wrong!

When you reamp:

Motu output -> Line level in (in the back, with a balanced cable) -> Reamp out (front, with a short cable) -> amp

Set the reamp level at max, and with a long screwer enter in the pad hole and click the little switch inside (higher level)

Totally wrong!

When you reamp:

Motu output -> Line level in (in the back, with a balanced cable) -> Reamp out (front, with a short cable) -> amp

Set the reamp level at max, and with a long screwer enter in the pad hole and click the little switch inside (higher level)

Just for clarity's sake, my post agrees with this

And a small addition:

You don't need to do the above if you already get enough level for the signal, ie. the gain level is the same when you reamp and when you plug into the amp, and not so that when reamping it sounds like you have a lower gain level.

I don't know if this was an issue on older Redeye's, but on mine (bought Dec 2007) there is no such issue. Usually I have the Reamp Level at about 90 % of max with passive pickups.

Nice one guys, thanks for your help. Just in the middle of reamping as we speak, I've literally been doing it ass backwards before, all sorted now.
Cheers