Littlelabs RedEye???

MKS

May 24, 2005
Any users of the Redeye on here? I had an Radial X-Amp and it worked without an issue but I have brand new Redeye and I can't figure out how it works nor did it come with a manaul.

How do you guys use them?

I've got one and love it...

Guitar goes into the "Instrument in" on the front. Push the button labeled DI/Reamp IN for DI (tracking), and OUT for reamping (erm... reamping).

Leave all the other buttons out.

The jack on the back labeled Instrument Thru is the output to run into a POD or amp or whatever.

Line out is the DI out to your interface, Line in is the Reamp in (runs the DI's back from interface into the redeye).

Reamp out on front goes to the amp being re-amped through.

Ok, thanks for the info DSS3 but I still need help.

I have all the DI tracks recorded. I have one DI track going from an 1/4 output on my audio interface into the instrument in on the front of the redeye and then I'm running a 1/4 cable from the re-amp out on the redeye to the input jack of the amp. However, my signal is almost non-existent. All the buttons on the front of the redeye is in the "out" position. This is even with the re-amp level cranked.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks again for your input.

I have one DI track going from an 1/4 output on my audio interface into the instrument in on the front of the redeye

Sounds like you need to run the track from your DAW into the line-in on the Redeye as opposed to the instrument in.

If that doesn't work, make sure that all of your cables are balanced going in/out of the redeye.

Ok, thanks for the info DSS3 but I still need help.

I have all the DI tracks recorded. I have one DI track going from an 1/4 output on my audio interface into the instrument in on the front of the redeye and then I'm running a 1/4 cable from the re-amp out on the redeye to the input jack of the amp. However, my signal is almost non-existent. All the buttons on the front of the redeye is in the "out" position. This is even with the re-amp level cranked.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks again for your input.

As CJWall stated, you need to run that cable from your interface into the "line level input" on the back (the XLR in - I had to make two XLR to TRS cables when I got mine). Leave the reamp to amp signal the same as you have it, and make sure that button is pushed out so the unit is in reamp mode.

I think we have it working. I will post more later.

Thanks again for all the hints.

Ok kind folks. I have one more ignorant question.

I'm using Sonar 5 and when I try monitor the reamped mic'd cab so that I can hear what is being recorded, I get a horrible feedback loop. If I leave it off, and record, everything works great.

I'm fairly certain it must be a stupid issue.

masters of the Redeye, share your wisdom!!!!

Hmm... Never had that issue. Tried playing with the buttons on front?

Yeah. I don't think it has anything to do with the Redeye. I know it's going to be something really stupid.

I'm looking at buying one of these but DSS3s description and the pictures on the Little Labs site do not match up... There is no Instrument Through jack on the back. How do you use it in DI mode? Guitar to Instrument In, Mic Level Out to DAW and what jack goes to your amp? The Exp Out? The Reamp Out?

I'm looking at buying one of these but DSS3s description and the pictures on the Little Labs site do not match up... There is no Instrument Through jack on the back. How do you use it in DI mode? Guitar to Instrument In, Mic Level Out to DAW and what jack goes to your amp? The Exp Out? The Reamp Out?

The pictures on the site are outdated - the back jack is labeled "instrument in or instrument thru"