Live A Lie Guitar Transcription (TAB)

Mar 24, 2003
www.prototypeonline.com
Well, I finally had some time to finish the Live A Lie guitar transcription that I started a while back. The file can be downloaded from the following link:

www.prototypeonline.com/transcriptions/Prototype_LiveALie.ptb

In order to view the transcription, you'll need to download the free Power Tab program from the following link:

www.power-tab.net/guitar.php

I can guarantee that the transcription is complete and 100% correct. Both rhythm guitar parts and the guitar solo have been transcribed in standard notation and tablature.

If anyone records themselves (audio or video) playing the song, please post a link. Have fun playing!

Fan fucking tastic! Too bad my meager guitar skills aren't quite up to this level of musicianship...

Awesome tab!!! That 11/16 bar is sick!! I tried working on a tab to "Trinity". I started tabbing it in Drop C but im starting to think that it's actually in D Standard tuning. Some of the things i couldn't exactly work out were some of the chords after the first main riff. I also can't wait to get a tab for "Mind in Motion". Been waiting since I got my first guitar in 2001! YOU GUYS RULE!!!

Ozzman, thanks very much for the compliments! :headbang: The whole Trinity album is definitely in standard D tuning (all string are dropped down a whole step) like the Live A Lie TAB. When I have some free time, I'll try to TAB out Trinity or Mind In Motion. I want to TAB out The Way It Ends at some point too.

Gary, you can do it dude. I've heard some of your stuff and you've got the skills! I know you put in a request for Dead of Jericho a while back and I haven't forgotten! :kickass:

Gary, you can do it dude. I've heard some of your stuff and you've got the skills! I know you put in a request for Dead of Jericho a while back and I haven't forgotten! :kickass:

I took a stab at DoJ a while back, but Vince said it wasn't particularly close. Thanks for the words of encouragement!

Say, I was thinking if you did "Utopia" and/or "I Know You" next it would go a little easier being that they're shorter and not as intricate..?

Just for fun I started on Utopia, I see what you mean about the fingerings being a bitch, that is, if I'm relatively accurate...

My girlfriend tabbed Sea Of Tranquility for me. Can I send it to you to see if it's any good?

I sent a pdf file because I didn't convert well into Power Tab file. Is it ok now?

Hey Damir,

I finally got a chance to check out the tab that your girlfriend did for "Sea of Tranquility" and it's pretty damn good! It's strange for me to play it in that tuning (Drop D) since we tune all of the strings down a whole step (D-G-C-F-A-D), but it's well done. Make sure you thank your girlfriend for taking the time to do that! :headbang:

Kragen

I've had to set "Utopia" on the back burner for the time being, changed jobs, had a minor car crash (insurance wants to toal it cos the frame got bent) and trying to get my bike on the road...