Live Backing Tracks Issues!!

elliotGuitar

New Metal Member
Jan 12, 2010
Hi guys,
My band have used a couple of methods of playing our backing track live - ipod L/R split etc and also a Roland SPDs. Recently we've decided we'd like our backing track in stereo so we'll be using a macbook pro which has been bootcamped so it can run Windows and Cubase as well as using my Focurite Saffire Pro 24.

The problem I'm having is being able to send the samples and click to different outputs so that the drummer and FOH get what they need. In order to avoid the hassle of a live tempo track, I've bounced the click as a .wav and we simply have this alligned with our samples which is on a seperate stereo track. On "connections" I've made a 2nd bus which I've assigned the click 2 but for some reason, I can't hear the click from the headphone out on the front of the interface nor from the outputs (3&4)

This should be simple, what the hell am I doing wrong?? :guh:

Cheers!

Not to be discouraging, but I am not sure I really see the point in making the jump to stereo backing tracks considering a lot of pa systems are gonna be mono.

It doesn't matter if we think he should do it in mono, if he wants it in stereo that's his prerogative.

To me it seems like you need to search the manual a bit. Is this an LE or AI version of Cubase? If so it may not support multiple output busses.