Live footage of Katagory V

Sorry, but I have to do this...........

motivator798358.jpg

I get your jest here Jasonic. :lol:

This picture would be truly comical if Katagory V was local to Illinois, as indicated with the fine metal heads displayed in the picture. Unfortunately, the band is located in Utah… which in itself is probably even more hilarious when you think about it. Only Met-Al (Albert - singer) and Orbweaver (Yoko) are from the Chicago area.

Actually, I take that back… that motivational poster is still funny, because a majority of the time, it's true.

Rock over London… Rock on Chicago… Katagory V… the "Charlie Brown" of Progressive Metal.

Those are all found on previous output. I know the guys would have liked to have released footage of the new material, but apparently there are some issues regarding that, that I don't fully understand. But hopefully they'll be able to release something new for the public soon.

Yea I Have the previous output. Good to see it in a live setting..

Dustin,
I made this poster actually a few years ago from when Al was in BAVMORDA.
Don't take me seriously.
I am just a goofball who likes to have some fun.
Al and Joan know this from years back over at the Powerfest forum.
Ironically, I have been banned from that forum, though I am not the ONLY one! Ha!!

Dustin,
I made this poster actually a few years ago from when Al was in BAVMORDA.
Don't take me seriously.
I am just a goofball who likes to have some fun.
Al and Joan know this from years back over at the Powerfest forum.
Ironically, I have been banned from that forum, though I am not the ONLY one! Ha!!

yeah...Joan was the first one banned, then us. We could say...she is a Joan of Arc.

I LOL'ed at this thread :loco: Funny shite

As for the vids, I wish there was a board recording so I can get a better picture of the sound as I am sure it was very good live it just doesnt come across good on the video sound and never does...

Also still remembering when Al dominated the Queensryche tribute set with Mindcrime last year, great stuff right there!

Bear

yeah...Joan was the first one banned, then us. We could say...she is a Joan of Arc.

My banning simply proved what a massive hipocrite a certain mod of the PF forums is. :)

@Bear - I wasn't at the show, so I have no basis for comparision, but I thought the sound on the videos was fairly decent. Not perfect, but pretty clear for something filmed on a little hand-held camera. :) I wish I could have been there, though.

Yay! Updates!

copy/pasted from the forum:

Katagory V has announced the working title for their next album, and has posted several short clips of demo songs and a personal video message online.

Commented bassist/songwriter and founding member Dustin Mitchell, “Things are picking up rather quickly in the Katagory V camp. We are currently looking at the beginning of April to officially start tracking album #5, which is running under the working title of ‘Resurrect the Insurgence’. Yes, we are sticking with the rebellious theme again, as well as a play on words concerning the fantastic new line up we have now.

“As promised, we have finally posted on our official website and MySpace page, a few short clips of songs that were recorded during our pre-production sessions a few months back, as well as a personal video message from myself introducing these clips. These are just the demos of course, but this is the first glimpse of new material in almost three years! I know it’s not much, but this is just proof that progress is being made, and that we are getting much closer to having a new album in the bag. We are putting these songs up as a huge THANK YOU to those that have supported us over the last 10 years, so we hope you enjoy them."

You can also stream and download the audio clips separately in the downloads section of the bands website or on their MySpace page.

KATAGORY V's most recent album, "Hymns Of Dissension", was released in September 2007 in Europe through Burning Star Records and in October 2007 in the U.S. on Nightmare Records.

Last edited by a moderator: