Live like I'm dying!

rokk

Long Live =^.^=
Mar 5, 2005
Southeast Idaho
www.doseofmetal.com
This Metalhead is married to a country girl so I am off for the weekend to celebrate our 21st anniversary and take her to see Tim McGraw at the Cheyenne Wyoming Fair! CYA when I get home. Let me know if your interested in a review! :tickled:

Congratulations Rokk!! Enjoy the show, who knows maybe he'll bust out some metal for you or at best do a cover of a metal song! o_O

by looking at his site, it looks like he does some covers:

tears in the rain--- hmm Tad Morose maybe
Renegade- styx
Seventeen- winger
carry on - Kansas
Unbroken- SYMPHORCE :tickled: :tickled: :tickled:

rokk said:
This Metalhead is married to a country girl so I am off for the weekend to celebrate our 21st anniversary

Congratulations!
rokk said:
and take her to see Tim McGraw at the Cheyenne Wyoming Fair! CYA when I get home. Let me know if your interested in a review! :tickled:

Hey! I was just there last night and saw Ted Nugent and Tesla. You shoulda gone a day early. ;)

rokk said:
This Metalhead is married to a country girl so I am off for the weekend to celebrate our 21st anniversary and take her to see Tim McGraw at the Cheyenne Wyoming Fair! CYA when I get home. Let me know if your interested in a review! :tickled:

Unfortunately I know the song you are referring to in the post header. Where I work, the guys on the shift before me listen to 90% country and I have to listen to it for 10-15 minutes before they all leave (just to not be rude.) I must say though, the song is pretty sad. It's not a horrible song though like "It's ok to be Itty Bitty." I think if I saw that guy on the street I would kick his ass. He embarrasses me as a Southerner. I do like that newest Brooks and Dunn song, "It's Gettin' Better All the Time" though. It has the violin/cello intro and piano in it. It's not "typical country" stuff.

Bryant

Btw congrats on the 21st Anniversary. That is rare these days. It takes some kind of effort to live with someone 21 years.

Congrats rokk.

21 years, talk about enduring :p

MetalAges said:
Congrats! We almost playd that tune in our Church service on day but never did for some reason (I play in the band).

Just please tell me you're not doing like my friend Carlos who played 'Number Of The Beast' on his church (well it was the instrumental version, but nevertheless...).

rokk said:
Congratulations on 21 years!

Tim McGraw is a good artist,I guess

I keep hearing rumblings in the Guitar Playing trade rags about a kid named Keith Urban....
Does anyone know about his musicianship????

Wyvern said:
Just please tell me you're not doing like my friend Carlos who played 'Number Of The Beast' on his church (well it was the instrumental version, but nevertheless...).

Oh man lol. No that would raise quite a few eyebrows I think haha. We have jammed out Run to the Hills a bit though during practice! Hehe. My church is VERY cool. We play lots of great tunes during service (Contemporary service).

Here's a cool tune I sang lead/played lead on this week, check it out! (This guy is a smoking guitarist (Lincoln Brewster), one tune he plays you would swear it is Stevie Ray playing, but the guy sweep picks, you name it. Great stuff!) Listen through to the solo, pretty catchy:

http://www.metalagesmedia.com/um/12_Let_The_Praises_Ring.mp3

rokk said:

I'd say, bring a shotgun, and take him down for us. But, it's a country show, they probably all have gun racks in their pick-up trucks!! :tickled: :loco: :Spin:

MetalAges said:
Oh man lol. No that would raise quite a few eyebrows I think haha. We have jammed out Run to the Hills a bit though during practice! Hehe. My church is VERY cool. We play lots of great tunes during service (Contemporary service).

Here's a cool tune I sang lead/played lead on this week, check it out! (This guy is a smoking guitarist (Lincoln Brewster), one tune he plays you would swear it is Stevie Ray playing, but the guy sweep picks, you name it. Great stuff!) Listen through to the solo, pretty catchy:

http://www.metalagesmedia.com/um/12_Let_The_Praises_Ring.mp3

OK, let's go by the numbers:

1. The voice in the audio file is you? o_O
  2. The live recording sounds awsomelly professional, it was done in a church?
  3. The song is kind of poppier, but very catchy indeed. I like the drum work a lot, the solo is very neat (but short) reminds me of some Tony MacAlpine and Chris Brooks work.
  4. Thanks for sharing it :wave:

Thanks for the kind words on the Anniversary!

We had a great time! The openers were Tim's little "under the wing project", The Warren Bros. They play some good old classic style rock n roll! Lots of energy with these guys!

The rumor was that Faith was gonna show up but to no avail. :cry:

Tim's got some great songs and of course my wife loved everyminute of it! We had "floor" tickets and at that arena that means dirt! Since it was general admission we started waiting in line at 3 pm in the rain so by the time we got into the show we were standing in about 6 inches of mud!

It rained clear through the opening act (which you could see was clearly pissing off the the drummer, he had a constant drip splashing off his cymbal)

By the time Tim took the stage it had quit raining for the night and I got some good pics (anyone interested?) :D

I've been to a few concerts and I think the place to be is front and center no matter who you go see! That choice comes with a price tho, crammed in like sardines, at the mercy of the weather (if outdoors), vomiting, pissing, and anthing else we of the human race can come up with! These things are to be expected and a given when this choice is made. So where am I going with all this? Well I'll tell ya! I have never been to a concert with more whiny ass complaining people than this one. I even had a short girl who got jostled behind me expect me to move so she could see better! Short people got no business down on the 'floor' if they want to see the show!

okay... I'm done ranting!

Anyway we had a great time!

Wyvern said:
OK, let's go by the numbers:

1. The voice in the audio file is you? o_O
  2. The live recording sounds awsomelly professional, it was done in a church?
  3. The song is kind of poppier, but very catchy indeed. I like the drum work a lot, the solo is very neat (but short) reminds me of some Tony MacAlpine and Chris Brooks work.
  4. Thanks for sharing it :wave:

No, no. this is the original version. I'll have to see one weekend if I can get a rip from the board when the band does it. It's not too far off from the original though!