Live

Metman

Buffalo Bills /Mets/Rangers Fan
Jan 19, 2006
Long Island
Whats you worst or dissapionting live cd you have in your collection that you want to use as a frizzby & put a cherry bomb in it & light it for the 4th of July...

Mine is:::

Moody Blues----Live + 5:puke:

I don't see the point of negative threads.

BTW - Live + 5 is a great set.

Maybe so ,,,But the recording quality wasnt really up to Parr...(IMO) ( ok Drop the ""Worst"" & Keep Disappionting....Lose the Cherry bomb too.. Dont use it as a frizzbie just a coaster instead..:lol::headbang:

If something really disappoints me it doesn't stay in my collection for long.

If there's anything disappointing about any live albums I have, it would be Geddy's singing on the last couple of Rush lives (S&A Live and Time Machine), especially singing the older material.

Its much better to watch the shows than just to listen to them.

What really disappoints me about a live recording is when it sounds exactly like the studio.
You could edit out all the crowd noise & could not tell the difference.
Rush is notorious for this.

This is why All the world's a stage from Rush is such a great live album, the versions are better than the studio one.

But Exit Stage Left lacks energy, so this would be my pick for a bad live album, it doesnt sound live.

What really disappoints me about a live recording is when it sounds exactly like the studio.
You could edit out all the crowd noise & could not tell the difference.
Rush is notorious for this.

That's why you gotta pick up some of those fatastic unoffical releases - nothing like 'em! Rush has a lot of them too that are simply fantastic. The official ones have to much studio trickery.

T

I've always felt that Steve Miller's Rock Love was the best live and last great thing
he put out b4 he went FMtop40

of course truth be told
his mother and I were the only ones who bought the album:heh::zombie::loco::lol::lol:

The live album (or compilation of live songs) that annoys me the most is Dream Theater's Chaos in Motion. Somebody just went nuts with the effects on LaBrie's voice. Sounds like he has a serious sinus infection or something. Have seen him many times live and he doesn't sound like that. CiM sounds very nasally.