Live Albums

Metman

Buffalo Bills /Mets/Rangers Fan
Jan 19, 2006
Long Island
Which Live Albums were you Disapionted in For me for startes..""And there are plenty more...."""

Moody Blues ---Live Plus 5 :cry::yuk:

I think the Liquid Tension Experiment Live albums felt a bit stale but I guess it's the nature of the music.

As far as live albums I absolutely love are:

-Fates Warning - Live in Athens (I extracted the audio from the live DVD).
-Fates Warning - Still Life
-Evergrey - A Night to Remember
-Opeth - Roundhouse Tapes
-Porcupine Tree - Arriving Somewhere (Anesthetize feels too perfect). I could say the same for the SW solo live recordings as well.
-Vanden Plas - Spirit of Live and Live & Immortal
-Metallica - S&M (the 1st one)
-Pineapple Thief - Were we stood
-Iron Maiden - Rock in Rio
-Rush - Rush in Rio

Those are the ones I can think of right now but definitely stand out vs the rest of what I have and what I have listened.

I am a big fan of Grobschnitt, got all of their stuff including Eroc's albums. Grobschnitt Story CDs all sound good and Solar Music is just awesome.

Reactions: lasercd
I think the Liquid Tension Experiment Live albums felt a bit stale but I guess it's the nature of the music.

-Porcupine Tree - Arriving Somewhere (Anesthetize feels too perfect). I could say the same for the SW solo live recordings as well.
-Rush - Rush in Rio

Those are the ones I can think of right now but definitely stand out vs the rest of what I have and what I have listened.

Thats another topic... this is Live cds that your not to fond of.............

I can't think of any bad ones off the top of my head (not even Yesshows which I actually like a lot despite some poor editing choices on the original) but some very good ones (not yet mentioned) imo are 801live, Playing The Fool, Seconds Out and Coma Divine.

I have had problems with the sound quality on Riot Live from 1989. The material is steller and performed well, but the sound quality is muddy. I can hear the differences in the songs and hear Guy Speranza well, but the mix sounds covered in mud and led ot the listening experience make it seem longer and more borning that it is. Do It Up, Warrior, and Overdrive are particular examples. I highly recommend the album but it despertely needs a remastering.

And one that leads one down the rabbit hole is Frank Zappa Live in NY. Crusin' For Burgers and Titties 'n' Beer are my personal favorites. Then from there, well, start playing the lottery for some spending money.

I have had problems with the sound quality on Riot Live from 1989. The material is steller and performed well, but the sound quality is muddy. I can hear the differences in the songs and hear Guy Speranza well, but the mix sounds covered in mud and led ot the listening experience make it seem longer and more borning that it is. Do It Up, Warrior, and Overdrive are particular examples. I highly recommend the album but it despertely needs a remastering.

And one that leads one down the rabbit hole is Frank Zappa Live in NY. Crusin' For Burgers and Titties 'n' Beer are my personal favorites. Then from there, well, start playing the lottery for some spending money.
Nick you have the reissue of Live In NY. Have you compared the sound to an original pressing? The OG vinyl sounds amazing . Never thought about buying the new Bernie Grundman cut.

-Rush - Rush in Rio

Dislike Not Love......