Livedelica - Album Cover Live Pics

rockrecords

New Metal Member
Apr 11, 2010
Hi folks,
anybody got an idea, where and when the backcover pic of the original Giant Electric Pea release of 'Livedelica' (GEPCD 1015) was taken?

I also wonder whether the pic from the cover inside showing Nick in front of the live attendance (pic on the left side just below Glynn's face pic) is from the same open air concert?

If anybody knows, please feel free to contact me under rockrecords@gmx.de

Thanks,
Martin

Presuming it was on the tour for Psychedelicatessen, that would make it almost certainly 1995. But it could have been a pic from before, that just got used for the album

Too few reference points to be sure so it would need to rely on a band member to remember, but some dates could be ruled out by the release date which I believe was June 12 1995.

But more importantly, why do you want to know such an obscure bit of information? Most intriguing!!

16/07/94 Viarock Festival, Brussels, Belgium

Both pictures are taken from the above date on the Wounded Land tour and it's Tony's drumkit you see on the back cover.

Thanks Karl, thanks guys!
Yes, I was kind of recognizing those pics with this great Open Air amtmosphere, even when I first got the GEP Livedelica CD for my collection (and that has been late 1995). I still remember Via Rock 1994 as one of the greatest Open Air's I've ever been too (and there we're lost of in the last 20 years or so). Great bands, nice audience, really nice place in front of an old castle and a lake, the audience sitting in the green grass, finest weather - just an amazing day!

But it wasn't until lately when I thought I discovered myself on the back cover pic! I now just wanted to be sure about it, as sure as possible regarding how small the faces of the audience are on that pic. But now I am quite convinced I really recognized myself and that's pretty cool because Threshold is really one of my all time favorite bands. Especially in those good old days when Glynn was fronting the band - I must have seen the band some 4 or 5 times back then. I still regard the first two Threshold albums as their finest - though Dead Reckoning comes very close!

To be exactly, Via Rock took place in Geraardsbergen which is not too far from Brussels or Ghent - that's because Belgium isn't too big at all (by the way: I am from Germany)!

So, apart from once being mentioned on a Kyuss Live EP and German thrashers Destruction's first EP, recognizing myself on the Livedelica back cover might be one of the highlights when telling my grandsons (if I ever get to have some) about the glorious old days or Rock and Metal...!

Cheers,
Martin

Maybe this info is available somewhere else, but I can't quite remember:
When and where exactly have those tracks from "Livedelica" been recorded?

Second question: Is there any info on the development and recording of "Fist of tongues" and "Half way home" from the "Psychedelicatessen Final Edition"?