LIVING COLOUR - Live Report

aliasp

Old School since '86
Oct 26, 2003
Masterclass. 2+ hours of sheer Masterclass.

SIMPLY ONE OF THE MOST AMAZING LIVE PERFORMANCES I HAVE EVER SEEN AND HEARD. So tight live, they place so individually yet all work so incredibly well for each other that it seems like 2nd nature to them.

Beg, steal, borrow - do whatever you can - if there is one band you have to see live this year make sure it's this band.

I am completely in awe.

I don't know where to begin.... :worship: :worship: :worship:

Corey's vocals leave every other singer I have heard for dead. WHAT A RANGE!!!!!!

Doug on Bass - his solo's were just out of this world

Will on drums - amazingly good and his solo was just incredible

Vernon on the Axe - what an imaginative guitarist and soloist yet somehow never overshadows his bandmates and is just another cog in this incredible machine.

The way this band just adlibs and takes their songs to another level is beyond words.

Songs included (from what I remember)

Memories
Type
Middle Man
Funny Vibe
Glamour Boys
Letter to a Landlord
Love rears its Ugly Head
Cult of Personality

+ so many more I can't even remember!

BEST BIT - we got told by Corey that we can use our ticket stubbs to get half price tomorrow night. GOING AGAIN :)

Living Colour is FUCKING SICK live and the digital effects of their instruments is an additional bonus to the live experience :headbang: :headbang:,,,,dont walk, run to the show if they are performing in your "neck of the woods"

Sounds like a cool show to see. I'm going try and get out of doing something else and see them in Sydney tomorrow night.

Did they have a support act?

L.F said:
Sounds like a cool show to see. I'm going try and get out of doing something else and see them in Sydney tomorrow night.

Did they have a support act?

Do it man. They are so worth it.

Yer the support band was shite though - they were called the Gear and they were like this 15 year old You Am I kinda band - if you like that kinda stuff - but just outta place supporting Living Colour.

Well I'm gonna certainly try. Turns out Nashville Pussy are playing in Sydney tomorrow too, I guess with all the good tours we've been getting of late it was only a matter of time 2 ended up on the same night

Oh wow their having a reunion too?!
How many of the Wayans were there?
What about Jim Carrey? David Alan Grier? :D

L.F said:
Well I'm gonna certainly try. Turns out Nashville Pussy are playing in Sydney tomorrow too, I guess with all the good tours we've been getting of late it was only a matter of time 2 ended up on the same night

So did you go see Living Colour?

Come on man, I am already having LC withdrawl symptons!