LIZARD was in the New Yorker!!!

xfer

I JERK OFF TO ARCTOPUS
Nov 8, 2001
New York City
www.geocities.com
Okay, not really. I don't think. But Lizard, you are descended from Aaron Burr, right? There's a piece in the latest New Yorker (the one that technically came out seven days ago, not the one that comes out today) about Antonio Burr (this Chilean descendent) and his role in the re-enactment of the duel with Hamilton in Weehauken...

do you know him?

I'm not a direct descendent because he only had one daughter and she died childless in a shipping disaster.
I do however, in a gesture of solidarity, write BURR across the forehead of Alexander Hamilton on every $10 bill I get. I started it years ago and now I'm superstitious about it!

I am going to look at that article...thx for the heads up! it's funny, I knew there were Chilean Burrs, but little did I know one would achieve such aclaim.

If they called them "book depositories" I'd be all over them because that just sounds so cool.

Though this question is admittedly random, and not of much interest to anyone on the board, I figured I'd ask if anyone has read Genome by Matt Ridley. Have any of y'all?

It comes with my highest recommendation, as Ridley has a knack for making biological concepts surprisingly simple and has managed to relate genetics to nearly every field of human endeavor, but not in a way that suggests complete genetic determinism, aptly discussing the interplay between genetics and the fields of psychology, sociology, philosophy, anthropology, archaeology, zoology, as well as others. It makes a lot of sense.