Logic Problem

Mar 11, 2005
England
Im running logic on a g5 with a Motu 24 i/o and generally have no problems with the setup. Last night I was recording a guitar player and when ever we finished a track and played it back the parts he had played felt pushed somehow. When it was actually being played it all sounded fine. We had no plugins on when tracking as Ive found that although Logics own plugins dont cause a problem when I use my UAD1s plugs it causes latancy.

Does anyone have any ideas as to why this might be happening at all?

Oh yeah everythings played to click and this particular guitarist is tighter than a nun

I would disable "software monitoring" for a start, and listen to only the source when tracking. And if it's still there, come back here :)

Thanks for the answer but when were tracking its all fine and the pushed feel occurs on playback. All the MOTU apparently had zero latency monitoring

I believe it has native plugin latency compensation so this wouldnt cover the UAD plugins so we turned them off. The parts still sounded rushed. You think I just need to give the guitar player a slap? Strange thing is his performances sound spot on when theyre going down its just play back thats the problem

record a click track through the guitar pickup (crank your speakers really loud, turn the gate on the guitar off, put the guitar pickups next to the speakers, hit play and record the guitar input)

play back and see if the recorded click track matches to the click track

believe it or not, i've done this, and every single time its the guitar player, not the computer

record a click track through the guitar pickup (crank your speakers really loud, turn the gate on the guitar off, put the guitar pickups next to the speakers, hit play and record the guitar input)

play back and see if the recorded click track matches to the click track

believe it or not, i've done this, and every single time its the guitar player, not the computer

That sounds like a pretty crazy plan but it might just work. Thanks again