lombardo back with slayer!

Aug 26, 2002
Queensland, Australia
Visit site
"There is going to be a Slayer record," Lombardo said told the Canadian publication Brave Words & Bloody Knuckles. "There will be a record ... if the rest of the band come up with music. I'm hoping they can come up with some music as soon as possible."

"I'm hoping that it doesn't take them too long to come up with new material this time," Lombardo added. "You never know, if they take a year or two years, will I still be interested? You never know. I don't know what is going to happen in that time frame. I'm hoping that they grasp the moment and run with it. You know, let's do it. Get on the ball. What are they doing now? I know I've a couple of records to put out within the next six months [the new Fantomas CD plus an all-out drum solo record]. If there's like three guys sitting, writing, I hope they can come up with something."

As far as Lombardo is concerned, there are "no deadlines," he said. "I just told Jeff 'Get home, wait a week and clean up your garage. Get your studio set up.' I kinda got him motivated a little. He was definitely motivated when I left him at the airport. I really didn't talk to Kerry much about it. I had to question a couple of times that he wanted me to do the record. Tom was in on it. So, two-thirds is a plus and with Kerry, I feel he is a plus too."