dave lombardo joins metallica!

5thSeason

agent of brutality
Feb 8, 2004
Beyond The Unknown
www.dmccaulley.com
... at least for the download fest. I was just reading this on smnnews.com

apparently lars is in the hospital with some kind of medical emergancy (anyone sad? doubt it.) and was unable to play at the download fest. Dave Lombardo went on with metallica for a few songs, the drummer from slipknot did a few (as much as i loathe that band, that guy is actually a pretty good drummer) and Lars' drum tech did some.

That woulda been a sight to see. metallica with lombardo on drums.

5thSeason said:
apparently lars is in the hospital with some kind of medical emergancy (anyone sad? doubt it.) and was unable to play at the download fest.
That sentence should have been "is unable to play." and should have been released about 10 years ago

Metallica with lombardo on drums is quite a site...the drum tech can play lars' songs...guess that proves he sucks...and yes slipknot's drummer is talented...but overrated as fuck because he can hit a drum 19 times per second with one hand(which i'll add is pretty fast actually) but that doesn't make him that oh so best or fastest drummer bullshit i hear...fastest is the berzerker motherfucker. Sounds inhuman(and i'm talking about dissimulate, they used a drum machine on the first album)

haha and slipknots joey jordison got all the credit for his "legendary appearance" behind the metallica kit while no-one gave a shit about lombardo (when lombardo actually is 50 times the drummer that jordison is)

Lombardo's way to good for Metallica. They should have just got someone as shit as Lars to do it.
In fact they should have just let Lars play with his injury, i dont think anyone would have even noticed.

stefan86 said:
haha and slipknots joey jordison got all the credit for his "legendary appearance" behind the metallica kit while no-one gave a shit about lombardo (when lombardo actually is 50 times the drummer that jordison is)

Agreed...Lomgardo is a fucking legend and still going strong...

ShadowOfDeath said:
Metallica with lombardo on drums is quite a site...the drum tech can play lars' songs...guess that proves he sucks...and yes slipknot's drummer is talented...but overrated as fuck because he can hit a drum 19 times per second with one hand(which i'll add is pretty fast actually) but that doesn't make him that oh so best or fastest drummer bullshit i hear...fastest is the berzerker motherfucker. Sounds inhuman(and i'm talking about dissimulate, they used a drum machine on the first album)
Isn't he in the book of world records? (Berzerker drummer)

Berserker drummer was the EX record holder, Jotan Afanador is new record holder, he plays nearly 1200 single beats in a minute

I was there & it was great. The came on with Dave & played Battery & The four horsemen. Dave was excellent, he add some new drum fills & really beefed the songs up.

Then the Slipknot drummer came on & they played For whom the bell Tolls & Seek & Destroy. Then the drum tech came on & they played Fade to Black. Then the Slipknot drummer came out again & they played Where ever I may Roam, Creeping Death, Enter the Sandman, Nothing else matters & Sad but true.

They played no songs post Black album.