Lombardo + Joey (Slipknot) + Metallica = Shit In My Pants

I Don't Die

Soldier Of Metal
Apr 4, 2004
Orange, Australia
Thats right hold on to your hats ladies & gentlemen.
Metallica closed the Donington Festival on the 6th. the show should have started a while ago & little did the crowd know Lars had been rushed of to Hospital. Not wanting to let the crowd down they got some friends in to play afew songs with them

SETLIST:

Battery w/ Dave Lombardo from Slayer
The Four Horsemen w/ Dave Lombardo from Slayer
For Whom The Bell Tolls w/ Joey Jordison from Slipknot
Creeping Death w/ Joey Jordison from Slipknot
Seek And Destroy w/ Joey Jordison from Slipknot
Fade To Black w/ Flemming (Lars' Drum Tech)
Wherever I May Roam w/ Joey Jordison from Slipknot
Last Caress w/ Joey Jordison from Slipknot
Sad But True w/ Joey Jordison from Slipknot
Nothing Else Matters w/ Joey Jordison from Slipknot
Enter Sandman w/ Joey Jordison from Slipknot

Now is that fucking awesome or what. Now joey is pretty damn good but.....Holy shit Lombardo playing Battery now that would be the fucking greatest thing..........every.

Sorry this isn't a Thrax topic but i thought the people should know.

That must have been brilliant, i was at the glasgow show and it was average plus i broke my wrist in the pit during Slipknot so my day didn't get off toa great start.

So what was wrong with Lars? Have any shows been cancelled at all, coz they are due to play Dublin on the 25th? As for bootlegs, have you checked out livemetallica.com or metallicalive.com, (cant remember which) where you should be able to download live sets from this years tour.

I don't Die>> Man why do you copy topics from the Megadeth forum and paste them here?

Still it's not the first time Lambardo plays Battery. He covered that song on a Metallica tribute < Metallic Assault >

Cheers...
\m/

Ulster Mosher said:
So what was wrong with Lars? Have any shows been cancelled at all, coz they are due to play Dublin on the 25th? As for bootlegs, have you checked out livemetallica.com or metallicalive.com, (cant remember which) where you should be able to download live sets from this years tour.
I think Lars was having vagina problems. At least thats what I heard....

Ulster Mosher said:
Lars is hospitalized, all that's known is he got some disease in Portugal.

Sargeant Bach said:
I don't Die>> Man why do you copy topics from the Megadeth forum and paste them here?

Still it's not the first time Lambardo plays Battery. He covered that song on a Metallica tribute < Metallic Assault >

Cheers...
\m/

I put it on the metalhammer forum to. i put it at Megadeth Because i post there just as much as i do here. So i thought u bastards would like to know

Ulster Mosher said:

Lars is fine, hes posted a video message on metallica.com Think he was just suffering from a bit of exhaustion from touring and its caught up with him.

fuelee2004 said:
Lars is fine, hes posted a video message on metallica.com Think he was just suffering from a bit of exhaustion from touring and its caught up with him.
What a fucking bitch! I bet he wasn't nearly as sick as Charlie was in Japan...
And Charlie kept playing!
:headbang:

lars was pissed and gave his flight crew the wrong days itinery now how believeable is it that in mid flight to england he took not well and then thought it would be easier to fly on to germany than to england and as for metallica at donington they were piss poor and just wish it had pissed out of the heavens harder on them for letting down over 100,000 fans