Look at this from audiogalaxy

manuelgv

Back now...hopefully
Mar 19, 2002
Mexico city
Nu Metal is the post-modern offspring of a variety of influences that came together in the 90s. Combining the look, feel, and macho attitude of Heavy Metal with stylistic elemets heavily indebted to Grunge, Alternative Rock, even Hip Hop and Electronic Music, Nu Metal is the sound of adolescent angst in its most marketable incarnation. Limp Bizkit, Korn, Disturbed and many other bands with similar looks and sounds are prime examples of this genre.

macho attitude? feel? look of heavy metal? what kinda hard drugs did the guy who wrote this uses?? LOL

LMAO - yep, I'm with you there - everyon'e been trying to sound angst-ridden ever since Jon Davis broke down and cried duribng 'Daddy' and it appeared to work, but they all sound like spoilt rich kids whining that their parents didn't buy 'em a car for their eighteenth...

I know some dudes who like mallcore and they actually say that they hate their parents
I think linkin park are having their influence on those people
LOL

All those bands are not metal. Thats not metal. Metal is bands like Immortal, Iron Maiden, Judas Priest, DragonHeart, Ragnarok, Stormlord and a small million others.