Looking for advice on what to upgrade....

wyllie

^^ Why-Lee^^
Sep 19, 2007
Glasgow,Scotland
www.myspace.com
Yo dudes,

Im gonna be making the jump to pro-tools(using nuendo) in a few months and i kinda just started thinkin i should probably upgrade some of my stuff!

Right now ive got Edirol MA-7A monitors...yeah...not the best but its something im quite unsure of, IF i was to get better monitors would that help me mix better? I end up using headphones most of the time anyhow cuz these things are kinda crap lol

Also im gonna have to get an mbox, Currently im using a Presonus Firebox and it works ok firewire is abit of a pain but oh well shit happens. Is the mbox a drop in quality in comparison?

Also (sorry for so many questions:/) for anyone in the know , im lookin to get a nice pre for adding some warmth to my tracks anyone recomend one? at this point id spend bout 300/400 euros

So yeah if anyone could help me out it'd be sweet cuz i cant stop thinking about it lol :saint:

Cheers dudes!!
-Wyllie

Better monitors would be a great addition for sure. Even if you just go with a cheaper pair, like BX8's, you will hear a major difference....