Looking for Bay Area Shredder...why not.

Force666

Sep 12, 2007
We are Cold Grave from Oakland and are looking for a Lead Guitarist.

Our age ranges from 21-36 and are looking for somebody that falls in or close to that range as well.

The qualities we are seeking are having professional gear (this is deathmetal, that means: ENGL, MESA, 5150, KRANK, etc you get the drift) atleast a halfstack.

Having transportation to and from rehearsal, shows, etc. We have a studio at Soundwave Studios in West Oakland and rehearse 3-4 times a week. Not off the bat, but rent will fall somewhere in the 100$ a month range.

We are looking for someone experienced playing in the genre. Our influences include but are not limited to: Death, The Crown, Dark Tranquillity, Dissection, Amon Amarth, Exodus, Testament, Thrash, Black Metal, etc.

We are really looking for someone who can learn a setlist worth of songs quickly so we can get back out there. Definitly looking for someone who can "shred". Our other guitarist will split lead duties but is more of a melodic soloer and rythym player. (You must also be able to play rythyms tightly). Solid harmonies and melodies a must. Slight knowledge of scales and such is important (mostly minor, and harmonic minor structures) There will be much writing together, but learning our already written material is first priority. We will need you to write your own solos, melodies and harmonies for our existing music as well.

We've been building a solid following for the last year and this summer will see us putting out an album, probably a West Coast Tour and several local shows in the area.

We're highly motivated and expect professionalism. Sorry to be so picky but we are looking for the right person so we can set this lineup in stone and move forward.

Please reply with previous experience and preferably with music you've previously recorded. Check out our myspace to get an idea of our sound and if you're interested get back to us.

www.myspace.com/coldgraveoakland
www.soundclick.com/coldgrave (higher quality mp3s)

email at : coldgrave@comcast.net

P.S. We are tuned to E flat standard

Thanks ~Cold Grave

Thanks dude. Sorry I hadn't seen somebody reply to this thread. Gotta learn to subscribe I guess....haha. You should come check us out sometime I see you are a Bay Area guy!

JOHN