Looking for Heathen/Forbidden alike bands...

Arkham_Asylum

New Metal Member
Feb 22, 2012
Besides the well known bands of the bay area thrash scene I am looking for other bands that may have that feel that Forbidden , Toxik, & Heathen have where they play thrash (with more melody) that borders that line with speed metal as well and technical guitar solo work but still intense and heavy.

I don't seem to find many of those bands in this new thrash revival soo much....

Maybe it's just me?

Not necessarily Bay Area Thrash, but have you given Paradox a chance? I mean, they're more in the German school, but still...

I take you know Flotsam and Jetsam? Also, if you like Heathen, give PROTOTYPE a chance. It's Vince/Kragen's other band - progressive/thrash:

Last edited by a moderator:
Vektor has the tech thing down for sure, but it's more Voivod and less Forbidden.

Antichrist (Sweden) is the best thrash band of the 21st century. I wouldn't call them techy at all, and you can tell just how much they worship those older Kreator and Destruction records, but I hear some Dark Angel in there, too.

One of my favourite progressive thrash albums.
I think you'll enjoy Synergy

There is even a beautiful acoustic ballad

Thanks everyone for your suggestions... I know about Paradox, Flotsam & Jetsem, Laaz Rockit, Realm, Coroner, Extol, and vektor. I know i wasn't very clear about which bands I already knew in genre but it's ok.

Antichrist sounded good so I will definetly check out more from them. Thanks.

I have a few to suggest.

Angelus Apatrida

Panikk

Havok

Personally, I think Panikk is a page right out of the old school Testament book. And Angelus Apatrida is a personal favorite...one of the best of the nu thrash breed.

Artillery from Denmark, Wrath from the US, Toxik from the US, Holy Moses from Germany and Sacred Reich from the US