Looking for Heavy Metal Scream

smy1

Apr 8, 2006
Hamburg, Germany
www.faderhead.com
Hey guys,

I am currently doing a fun-remix for the US powernoise band Caustic. I met the main guy Matt at a festival last year and we spent most of the night singing Manowar and Skid Row metal classics (totally confusing everyone).

Although the song will be totally electro, I would like to start this remix with a typical high pitched metal scream a la Halford or Sebastian Bach. So my question is:

Does anyone here know where I could sample such a metal scream or if I can find a capellas of such screams? Or does anyone know a good metal singer who'd be willing to just record this one scream in key?

Any info is appreciated!

This is kind of off topic, but I'm sort of looking to learn how to scream. Anyone have any advice for resources on how to do it? I'm wondering if maybe my voice isn't cut out for it. Like similar to some people cant sing.

Well let's be clear here. You're talking heavy metal screams right, not black metal screams... My best advice would be to use your falsetto voice, and push like you're trying to get out a monster turd. In the pregnancy ward of your local hospital, you can hear hundreds of women doing heavy metal screams.