Looking for insight into the Pondering a Wall video

Neoteric

retina of the mind's eye
Dec 24, 2006
How did the idea of that video come about? Why specifically did the band pick that particular song? Any history? I was really surprised to come across it, never expected the band to put images to their music.

Just interested in knowing is all, especially since maudlin members post here.

Here's the video on youtube for reference:

Last edited by a moderator:
I am 99% sure the band had almost nothing to do with this video--it was a project of an acquaintance of theirs. I believe the only part that was even an idea of MOTW was the part where Toby is drawing stars at the end--the rest they just did as a favor to the guy.

I like the video, but I don't think it represents MOTW at all (nor is it intended to).

Ah, thanks for the info.

And I agree with the last part of that post. The video feels amatuerish, though creative in ideas but doesn't fit my vision of when I listen to the band. And that's the bad thing about music videos.

it's was a friend's school project for a video class; it wasn't supposed to have been public but of course someone swiped it from a web archive once and disseminated it, and now everyone thinks it's an actual serious motw video

it's was a friend's school project for a video class; it wasn't supposed to have been public but of course someone swiped it from a web archive once and disseminated it, and now everyone thinks it's an actual serious motw video

well not to take away from the point here that people shouldn't swipe things from other people's web archives BUT the fact remains that the guy who made it did have it readily available on a couple websites over the years and easily downloadable from those sites so i doubt it was outright theivery, like say of unfinished music from someone's web site.

it was a finished product and put on his website as part of his portfolio and was very public and easily finable if someone searched for motW videos through google.

I forget how I first came across this video, but I guess I was one of those who "found" it on one of those early websites (I don't recall having to search particularly hard to find it - I don't believe I knew I was looking for it in the first place). I didn't disseminate it around the internet though, so I guess I'm still a good person. I had lost track of it for years until it turned up on good old YouTube. I enjoyed it when I first saw it, and watching it now makes me think of high school (I guess all the early motw stuff does, to an extent).