Apr 24, 2012
[UPDATED] 9/27/14

ADDED IN RIFFS AND SONG IDEAS TO START WITH

ADDED 3 NEW POTENTIAL SONGS (9/27)

ION ILLUMINATION

DARKNESS UNVEILED

MYSTIC UNUSED PART

Hi everyone,

I'm really wanting to write a collab album with the fair members of this forum. I have this concept idea for an album called Entity Infinium that I'd like to work on as a whole collab.

I'm thinking about 10 songs 6-9 minutes each. (subject to change)
In the vein of Opeth meets Carcass/CC with a dash of extra textures and orchestra when needd. It will definitely have some black metal in there too. I love Dimmu borgir, Emperor and Immortal so all those bands will have an influence in my riff writing.

I'm looking for anyone who would be interested in wanting to collab with me and write/record a kiler record!

HERES SOME OF MY RIFFS AND SONG IDEAS TO GET STARTED WITH:

SONG IDEA 1

SONG IDEA 2

SONG IDEA 3

SONG IDEA 4

SONG IDEA 5

SONG IDEA 6

CHORUS IDEA

RIFF IDEA

ASCENDING RIFF

INTRO FOR A SONG

I'm gonna be uploading some concept riffs to this thread that I'd like to build songs around. Anyone is welcome to help out on this record.
I'm looking for anyone who be interested to help write and record

:kickass::kickass::kickass::kickass::kickass:

It sounds definitely interesting. Believe it or not I was thinking after a break for another kind of music, to back to do something really in vein of opeth meets immortal. It seems a weird combination indeed but it´s the 2 bands that in the metal nowadays that tells me something. Of course, I love emperor, dimmu and lot of more things. But right now a feel burned due to the composition for the project that I finished.

This is interesting because doing all alone sucks all the energy, even doing the things wihout hurry.

But I might probably talk to you by pm. Do you already have any material to work? riffs?

It sounds definitely interesting. Believe it or not I was thinking after a break for another kind of music, to back to do something really in vein of opeth meets immortal. It seems a weird combination indeed but it´s the 2 bands that in the metal nowadays that tells me something. Of course, I love emperor, dimmu and lot of more things. But right now a feel burned due to the composition for the project that I finished.

This is interesting because doing all alone sucks all the energy, even doing the things wihout hurry.

But I might probably talk to you by pm. Do you already have any material to work? riffs?

I got a lot riffs to work with. Most of them are sections and 'spine riffs' aka a riff strong enough to build a song around. many of them are in guitar pro format that i've transcribed but i could easily record any of them

I have enough material to easily start the writing of 12+ songs as well as musical ideas but would love to have several people collab on this and help write riffs, piece the music together and record.

I've been going to school for marketing so I'm actually going to market the shit out of this album when it comes out (free of course).

If all goes well, would definitely be interested in writing more records.

Opeth :)

i´m in for bass and drums work, editing / mixing, and maybe some FX if possible
(drums: writing only)

PM if you need a reference track :kickass:

ADDED IN LIKE 9 RIFFS TO THE THREAD TO GET STARTED. IF YOU'D LIKE TO CONTRIBUTE AND HELP WRITE THIS RECORD, FEEL FREE TO COMMENT/CRITIQUE OR ADD TO THE GIVEN MATERIAL.

Hello! Im am interested in layering the guitar solos if you want.

Definitely. I'm going to initally track rhythm guitars for everything so I can start sending them out to people to add stuff to. I'll send you some finished songs via just guitar so you can write and record your solo parts over them.

Anyone else wanting to solo is more than welcome as well

I could do some solo work, if you let me :D I may be noobish at mixing things, but I have been playing guitar for 25+ years, so I might have a lick or two in my pocket. :hotjump:

Wutdafukk! Holy moly great playing!!!! :headbang:

I would be interested in doing clean vocals. I tag this thread and join in when you got a more solid song idea!

Thanks dude! IMO it is great to see clean vocals and real drums mentioned in this thread already, because everything seems to be growling/midi nowadays ... But of course it is up to the OP to decide the way to go.

I am also interested in songwriting, but my experiences in composing over the internet have been quite frustrating. Everyone has different daws and plugins, wavs are large and midi is annoying etc.

But hey, it is great if the OP finds a way to orchestrate all this nicely. Bring on the riffs! :kickass:

I came when I listened to it. That sounded fucking amazing. Do you want me to send some of the rhythm guitar tracks over to you so you can put that over? That's incredible!

If this is the process you wish (once you have cleaned up :p) then send em to me by all means. In the clip I posted, there is already that prog1.wav from "song idea 6" baked in, but it might be a bit buried for you to hear it.

It might work best if you could send me the DIs and possible sketch drum/bass midis so that I can in turn record the leads as DIs. Then people (such as me) can reamp/ampsim and mix stuff to some extent so that everybody can listen to the current version of the song. longjohnaudio[not_this]@gmail.com

Holy damn that was awesome Laardi! Very curious in how this could turn out :) I must say I love the dark 'evil' sounding riffs 1 to 4 the best, the 1st sounds a bit like Behemoth to be honest. Would be a cool combination, Behemoth meets Opeth kinda prog'ish metal :) I have some drumparts in my head when hearing the riffs, but that might be falling out of context when all the riffs have been arranged into a song. So I think the best work flow for me would be to start writing/recording some ideas when the arrangement is pretty much ready, and recording real drums when writing has been finished.