Looking For Metal Album Collab

I enjoyed all the riffs. I am mainly a rythmguitarist, so soloing is not my strongpoint (but then again, with Laardi you have someone great at that apparantly :) ), but if you like I might help write stuff. Do you have guitar pro or tux files or something? Might make the songwriting over the net easier, me thinks.

It might work best if you could send me the DIs and possible sketch drum/bass midis so that I can in turn record the leads as DIs. Then people (such as me) can reamp/ampsim and mix stuff to some extent so that everybody can listen to the current version of the song. longjohnaudio[not_this]@gmail.com

Well I really like what you've done with the chord progression, how you've embellished it vs. what I wrote and I htink it's really cool. Still follows the same progression etc.

I can either fragment a skeletion of the song and post it in this thread or if any of you have guitar pro would make this easier as well.

Another noodle based on song Idea2.mp3, which is again somewhere there in the mix ;) Sorry if I raped something.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/55653919/DropB Kemper/151-um-lead-test-2.mp3

Please.... Please I'm begging you. You gotta do more writing/leads/solos for this record. Your writing/playing is incredible.

When I listened I literally :OMG:

And to me that sounds like an intro to a song with the blasts kicking in. And then your solo kicks in. Fucking ripping. Wow

PS: What works best for folks? Sending around guitar pro files? Or Me tracking the scratch rhy so people can add their own stuff to it?

for writing: guitar pro 5 or 6. i´m tired of trying to figure out what people might have played ("is that a 1/4/6 chord, or a 1/5/7, or something completely different?").
they mostly don´t need any drums, at least for me.

24bit .wav as final tracks only, .mp3 before to speed up all the loading :)

Please.... Please I'm begging you. You gotta do more writing/leads/solos for this record. Your writing/playing is incredible. [/B]

Haha, thank you. I am an old enough fart to know that my strengths lie in (lead) playing, writing melodies/harmonies/chords and in general spicing things up here and there (e.g. with synths to create tension etc).

However, I also know for a fact that I suck hard at creating drums and/or catchy rhythmic patterns, bass/vocal lines and lyrics. I also have difficulties staying within a predefined (sub)genre with my ideas.

PS: What works best for folks? Sending around guitar pro files? Or Me tracking the scratch rhy so people can add their own stuff to it?

This is indeed the burning question. My suggestion would be to team up with 2-3 people in the beginning to create the skeleton for the song as a whole with whatever tool everybody is familiar with (gp, midi, tux...). Just make sure that all the parts of the song are in place after this step.

Then, like you said, share a version with scratch rhythm guitars and preferably also with (scratch) midi drums and (scratch) bass. Maybe share the DIs as well, if they are great already at this point. This way other people can comment on the stuff, suggest some changes and try out further ideas within their daws.

Once the structure and the tempo and all that basic stuff is there, then it would be time to layer some vocals, leads, harmonies, synths/percussions/subdrops (=? :D) etc and revisit the bass and drum work. Also at this point the hooks and interplay between the instruments could be checked. Again, people should share mp3 versions for comments.

Finally, (re-)record everything the right way (=tuning/intonation/fresh strings bla bla) for the final product to be edited/mixed.

--
The reason I propose the above method (although the burden is mostly on the initial songwriters) is that I have tried sharing Reaper templates with ezmix and everything midi (Shreddage anyone?) so that everybody involved could edit the stuff directly. This has never worked out well.

i think there can be only one person at the "central station", who´s working on the main project (= the one doing mixing). if you have others fiddling around with your project, it´ll confuse you very quickly.

still there should be rough mixes available for everyone on a regular basis, to add their parts one by one.
a measure of metronome clicks before the start on every track provided, so they can easily be dropped into the project, and we´re fine

i´d love to do the bass work on all tracks, just need some form of tabs to hammer them into my brain :)

I'll write up an actual full length guitar pro file of each song individually and send it around to everyone to add their parts. I'll PM you all individually.

EDIT: YOU'VE ALL BEEN INDIVIDUALLY PM'D WITH THE FIRST SONG IN GUITAR PRO FORMAT. PLEASE ADD WHATEVER YOU THINK IT NEEDS

Hey everyone, very sorry for the 3 week delay in progress

I'm going through a really bad divorce and that's been going on so shit has been time consuming.

I've got part of the song tracked and need to finish tracking the rest so I can put it up here.

Everything is still go! Nothing is cancelled or stopped. Wish me luck guys, I wanna finish tracking this sooner than later