looking for psyopus type bands

HEPCECOB

New Metal Member
Apr 19, 2005
This is my first post on this message board. Most likely something SIMILAR to this exists but most likely has the same answers as I see everywhere which I don't really see as making sence. As you can see by the title I'm looking for a band like psyopus. What I mean by that is the crazy music. To tell you the truth I find the guy's CONSTANT screaming annoying and after some time even unbearable. The closest band I've found is Dillinger Escape Plan's Calculating Infinity. I didn't like their newest CD. I'm not looking for bands like Cryptopsy, Pig Destroyer, Commit Suicide... (basicaly bands that have a lound metal chord in the background and have some retarded monstrous voice). Even though I'll propably be bashed for this, but I HIGHLY enjoyed Poison the Well's newest CD, I didn't like any of their other stuff. I really liked it because they have an excellent sence of the slow and heavy parts, and their "monstrous" voice is actualy very good, I'd have to say the best I've ever heard.
So pretty much I'm looking for a band that can PLAY extremely well with very complicated beats. Something like King Crimson, ELP but more metalish.

I've been given all of these band before other than Ion Dissonance. All of these bands sound pretty much alike, but sound absolutely nothing like psyopus. I did hear some similarities with Ion Dissonance, but the constant screaming voice is extremely annoying, especialy when it's impossible to figure out what the hell he's screaming.
Since to my understanding I'm not gonna find anything like psyopus, could anyone recomend something like Poison the Well's new CD? Something with an energetic voice with an equal part of screaming and vocals. I'm a fan of Opeth's newer stuff, but I'm not a fan of their overly low growling.
(this doesn't mean that Psyopus-like bands aren't welcome.)

Thank you very much for the bands.