Looking for Singer/screamer, online band

suntheep

Jul 29, 2008
Bangkok, Thailand
www.facebook.com
Sup guys,.
I'm looking for singer for my project,.you can check all the tracks here
www.myspace.com/2escape
I got all the positive feedback from press in EUROPE regarding songs + lyrics and production.. but the singing needed to be change before I can have radio exposure, due to the fact that audience are having problem with voice tone and accent..so i'm looking for the right singer..if you guys are interested to sing/scream let me know how we can do this together..The band is just me at this point (the guitarist) with a lot of help from friends in this forum
my email is 2escapeband@gmail.com
hope we can wok together, get this rolling, get the exposure etc.

Sup guys,.
I'm looking for singer for my project,.you can check all the tracks here
www.myspace.com/2escape
I got all the positive feedback from press in EUROPE regarding songs + lyrics and production.. but the singing needed to be change before I can have radio exposure, due to the fact that audience are having problem with voice tone and accent..so i'm looking for the right singer..if you guys are interested to sing/scream let me know how we can do this together..The band is just me at this point (the guitarist) with a lot of help from friends in this forum
my email is 2escapeband@gmail.com
hope we can wok together, get this rolling, get the exposure etc.

got an instrumental pro tools sesh?
ill give an audition a shot

Whoa, the music is kick ass! I really like it! I know what you mean about the accent with the vocals, but theyre good and different.

I really wish I could sing! I've never actually sang in front of people though, so I don't know what they think. I just assume I can't sing, but I can find myself staying in tune with some songs for the most part, I think? I would attempt to try out... But I can only really scream. =/

I really like Blind though, I really hope I don't yelled at for saying this, but the part in Blind when he did the "doot doot doo's" (I think that's what he was doing?) it kinda reminded me of Dir en Grey... and I know a lot of people don't like them, especially all the metal guys out there, but I really have no problem with them, in fact I like them a lot... *cough*favoriteband*cough* :saint:

But this stuff is great!
to tell you the truth, I think you should keep him. He's really good!
However, I'm not a big fan of the scream =/

here u go, a backing track..
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/499164/What If I- Backing Track.mp3

and here's the original track.
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/499164/What If I.mp3

and here's the lyrics..

What If I

Deny myself
Deny myself her love to me

Restrain myself
Restrain the ideology

For in my world
The seasons change from day to day
And in my dreams
I find you digging in my grave

They lie down - Deep in my soul
They cry out - And it's so cold
Now I'm torn - I faked it all the way
What If I

Create myself
With other new identities.
That cannot love
That cannot love what I cannot see

They lie down - Deep in my soul
They cry out - And it's so cold
Now I'm torn - I faked it all the way
What If I

i seriously don't know what's wrong with the singing on this track,,but if the radio and media said so,,i can't do much but to find the right one...seriously is it that bad,,?? or is it a matter of taste.
here's the full feedback. (i'm still confuse)

"Not long back from getting feedback on the band from various venues, promoters, press & radio.

The media included Rock Radio, Stage Storm, DFC, CPL, The Sun & various internet radio stations & music forums etc.

Everyone thinks the songs are great. The sound is current yet progressive & radio friendly. The band image was commented on too...and was overall agreed a good look.

Main problem most people had was the vocals. Joke's voice, although very good is still distinctively 'foreign' & the verdict was that his vocals seemed out of place with the music.

It was suggested to me that is a very Western point of view & to get any kind of radio play a band needs to make an immediate connection with the station programmers & ultimately the listeners.

Like I said, his singing isn't in question, it's just his accentuation & tone that people didn't enjoy.

Basically some good sources were telling me that with a different vocal, the band could definately get publicity in the UK and possibly even more so in the USA. I can't say for certain regarding the USA as I have no contact there anymore, but even playing the songs to my friends & family, most people said the same.

I hate to say it but I think if you are serious about getting heard outside of Asia then you may have to get Joke to change his style, work on his accent or even get another singer.

As I said before, other than vocals, people were impressed with the production & work that was put into the songs.

So get back to me on what you think you can do.

Overall, there is interest but it would depend on reshaping the vocals as the verdict is the music is not fitting in with the vocals."

I seriously think he's fine! But, it is true I think he does need to work on his accent a little bit, but other than that goodness... He's an amazing vocalist. And besides, what do they expect? If you guys grew up in Bangkok like your myspace says, do they really think he would have a western accent? =P

At first I kinda gave it a little "Eh..." but the more I listened to it, the more I liked it. I think he just has one of those voices that grow on you, you know?

Stupid media.

Cool music but it sounds like the singer is still too accustomed to thaiway of singing.
I'd love to hear these songs in thai (you have?), but then it might resemble too much of
Silly Fools, Big Ass, Ebola, Clash...

(Those who don't know, those are names of famous & great modern thai rock/metal bands)

-"kool dude"
we record 5 songs in 4 days,.kinda rush too..didn't have much time to rehearse or practice..accent wise i don't know..i guess u r right about being an asian and not having american/british accent...but then i never actually have the feedback from the fans, consumers..always media,,the way they criticize kinda weird too..lol give my singer a break,,it all happened in 3 months, he didn't even experiment like finding the right tone and things..but then i shouldn't make any excuse,.if i wanna release it in Europe,i gotta do it the European way..i guess.

Hey yeah! That would be pretty kick ass, have him sing in Thai! I would still listen to it, I mean, if they have a problem understanding him anyways, why not?

And besides, theres all kinds of foreign bands that can't sing in english that have made it big outside of their country.

if i wanna release it in Europe,i gotta do it the European way..i guess

No way man, don't let them get to ya! What do they know? One review in no way can represent the views of everyone in Europe. Maybe the guy was trying to sound professional and throw in some stupid advice that made him look good, but who knows?

I think you guys should play around some more, and experiment, 'cause like you said 3 months isn't a whole lot of time! and if it's that important, see if there some kind of western acccent voice training he can do or something.

And 5 songs in 4 days? You guys must have been busy! =P

-"Tokyurot"
not really, we don't have anything in thai,,we grew up going international school.speak English since 5,,never sing thai song,.never make music in thai..the singer is actually our drummer,.we spend 6 months looking for singer
in thailand,,but then it's just not possible to find the right one in thailand..so end up i ask my drummer to do it,,cause i really need the EP album done.
it's always something,..singer that sing well won't scream,,the screamer won't sing..the one with great accent would be the rapper..so ya,..my drummer is my overall singer tho..i know it's weird.

I'd really like to see a thai-band gain some level of success in foreign countries. It's just that most thai-bands sings in thai,
so it doesn't make it any easier. Silly Fools hired an american singer (with korean background), but though the new singer made
the songs kinda more internationally acceptable, I still think that Natapol was waaay better. I don't like the new Silly Fools :(

Have you ever considered of having 2 vocalists, the other would sing and the other would do the screams?
I think it's easier to find a "screamer" than a good singer, and english wouldn't have to be so perfect on screams imo.

It's great you like to sing in english, just need to practice more. Anyways you're onto something good here :)

Chok dee na khrup :headbang:

ya i prefer the old silly fool too..i was there when the executives of the label were pissed off when they herd the master of the new album..they were like "what the hell"?? because they didn't understand a word. ya having 2 singers is cool too,i don't mind, maybe i will find the singer here, will see after our friends here start to send me the mp3.. we never came up with a plan for thailand really,,always wanna go out there..because as u know, labels here love to have thai artist making thai songs. period.

Hmm... well if your going to consider the possibility of two vocalists, one for clean and one for the screams... perhaps you should upload another song more suited for the screamer? eh?:headbang:

yeah there are probly more screamers than singers here, but hey! This isn't the only forum on the web =P

I'm sure you could find someone somewhere else on another forum where trained singers go to hangout and chat about stuff!

Hey man, I might try and do some screaming for you if you upload the backing tracks to a heavier song, just to try it out. I was sick not too long ago though :cry:

So my voice is still kinda' recovering a bit. Viral Bronchitus... :mad:

How long are you gonna' be doing this, I'd like to wait awhile, but if there's a deadline then I guess I'll have to do it! :headbang: