looking for the ultimate metal tool

onlysardegna

New Metal Member
Apr 29, 2010
hello,
to be honest i have little to do with heavy metal. i am more of an alternative country americana guy. however my godson loves it. now his confirmation is coming up and i need a tip on what to give him that would really freak him out (in a happy way). he just got a new guitar, so what can i give him? whats THE tool to get the right sound/sounds? whats a must have item in heavy metal (clothes, style whatever)! i am willing to spend up to $400 (if less that's absolutely fine)
please help!

thanks
rock on!

PS i play plain simple acoustic guitars. is there acoustic guitars in heavy metal. what type, brand? sorry for being so unknowledgeable.

Metal bands frequently use acoustic guitars, but mostly for interludes and such. For a beginner who wants to learn metal...some information about what equipment he already has would be helpful. $400 would cover a very nice practice amp, but we'd need to know what he's got to know if it's worth it.

Catholic metalheads unite!

But seriously, look around at music shops for a Roland Microcube. it is THE best cheap practice amp out there and covers EVERY single style imaginable.

There are acoustic guitars frequently used in metal:

Last edited by a moderator: