Looking for a new guitar

Aristocrap

New Metal Member
Apr 18, 2012
Connecticut, USA
So I've been wanting a new guitar for a time and I'm a bit overwhelmed by different brands and all their specific models. I play different kinds of metal - mostly death and traditional heavy metal with a bit of progressive. This'll be my third guitar and I'd enjoy a good quality guitar which I can play for a long while to come.

In terms of brands, I've been looking mostly at Jacksons and I've heard they're made quite well. I've played one of their Rhoads models (not sure of the specific one) at a shop before and enjoyed it. I'm not set on any particular Jackon model; I've just been eyeing the brand in general.

On the other hand, B. C. Rich caught my eye for only one reason - their Chuck Schuldiner tribute Stealth model. As a big Death fan, it's hard to ignore the idea of playing the same kind of guitar as Chuck. It's rather pricey for my budget at $1,000, though and I also hear B. C. Rich's guitars aren't so up-to-par in term of quality unless they're from the custom shop. Would this model be any different?

Anyway, I'd like to know what you guys think and hear any suggestions.

-Sorry, didn't see the buying advice thread-