Looks like Texas gets a Kamelot show!!!

txprog

Feb 22, 2006
Update in my email this morning on Houston concerts from Live Nation shows Kamelot at the Meridian in Houston on Sept. 9. Now this is great news. I really wondered if we'd EVER get to see this great band without having to travel, which is usually tough to do. Can't wait to tell my son. That 13 year old is quite the power metal head, and Kamelot is one of his favorites. Mine too.

Now, question is, will there be a Dallas show. Blind Guardian didn't play here, but they did play in Houston. Sonata Arctica has a Houston date scheduled, but nothing in Dallas yet. Could change of course, but I'm wondering if we've got a trend going on here. Hope not, but we've made the drive from Dallas to the Houston Meridian twice - Dragonforce and Blind Guardian - and we'll do it again.

On their website it says they are currently touring europe with Leaves Eyes and Fairyland. I hope Fairlyland comes over with them when they tour the states later this year.

Oh, Man! I hope that they add a Dallas show... if not, I'll be willing to make the trek to H-Town to see them. :headbang:

Oh, Man! I hope that they add a Dallas show... if not, I'll be willing to make the trek to H-Town to see them. :headbang:

Ditto! It would be a nice ProgPower warm-up party with my friends in Houston.:kickass:

As for Sonata Arctica, their myspace page lists their first US tour date as Sept. 12 at the Palladium in Dallas!!!!!! This Sept. is going to kick ass!:headbang:

Hey did your son have a Sonata Arctica shirt on at that recent Blind Guardian show?

Yes I believe he did, but I think he put on his BG shirt after he bought it, shortly before the Bards hit the stage.

He was out of school yesterday because of the snow, and when I got home he was playing a video game dressed in his "For the Sake of Revenge" shirt with his SA beenie on his head. As is I say about my son, he's "my friend and my partner in metal crime."

Hey did your son have a Sonata Arctica shirt on at that recent Blind Guardian show?

Here he is with Tony Kakko from SA:

2902646-R1-010-3A_2.jpg
[/IMG]

Here he is with Tony Kakko from SA:

2902646-R1-010-3A_2.jpg
[/IMG]

Was that from the Ridglea in Ft Worth and was your son the kid that really wanted to meet Jani bad and have him sign his guitar, but you almost left before he finally came out to sign? If so, I'm the guy who flagged you down to let you know he was there as you were leaving.

Was that from the Ridglea in Ft Worth and was your son the kid that really wanted to meet Jani bad and have him sign his guitar, but you almost left before he finally came out to sign? If so, I'm the guy who flagged you down to let you know he was there as you were leaving.

Indeed that was us! Thanks for your help that night. Josh is accumulating autographs on that, his first guitar. We hope to bring it to PorgPower and get lots more.

See you soon!!

yeah I remember you two. I also had a sonata arctica shirt on also and I was asking you if you went to the show in San Antoino and I was saying that it was a bad turn out.

I was thinking what a cool kid to already know great music. well take care and I am sure i'll see you two around.

QR:

Oh hell yeah - we get Kamelot with Leave's Eyes at Jaxx in August. I am most definitly going to be attending that one! Also got Doro in June.

Sonata Arctica will be on October 3rd, but the fucked up part is that is when I am planning on leaving for Atlanta. I so want to go that show, but it does not look like it is going to happen.