Candlemass kicked my ass last night...

ashaman7122

Crazy on a ship of fools
Dec 11, 2002
I know that a lot of the Houston faithful peruse this forum...so...

If you don't already have some heavy plans for tonight...or even if you do...go to the Scout Bar and see Candlemass with Daylight Dies supporting tonight. What a great show...I'm sitting in my hotel room in San Antonio trying to recover right now before I drive back to Corpus...hell...I may just head east to Houston...

It's hard to get your DOOM on when you're grinning from ear-to-ear, but those guys are the real thing...and they deserve a decent crowd. Their NA tour schedule (their first NA tour in 17 years) includes 16 gigs in 20 days, and only Houston and Dallas remain (obviously the Dallas show will be a very cool homecoming for Robert Lowe).

Highly recommended!

Rock on!

Thanks for the report -- I'm seeing them tomorrow night here in Dallas. Well, Fort Worth actually. Although I am by no means well-versed in their catalog I am looking forward to the show nonetheless.

i saw this gig in New York. Excellent show, all around. Lowe sounded awesome.

There was just one small thing that bothered me...
why was Lowe reading the lyrics off a little cheat book? It was on the floor at the NY show...

I thought he was one of Candlemass' biggest fans, and in turn they played a huge role in the creation of Solitude Aeturnus...

can someone help me with this? :erk:

Man you are so lucky

I wanna see Daylight Dies so bad but they're not coming here

The new Candlemass is also amazing

I wish there was an ATL date :mad:

I saw Candlemass in Mokena a couple weeks back.
Great setlist, great show.

The whole "lyric book" issue has been discussed everywhere these past couple of weeks. Everyone has different opinions. I agree with what was said above. You would think someone like Lowe would have no issue with remembering all the lyrics.

Though think of your favorite band. Do you think you could honestly perform a setlist of their material flawlessly w/o some assistance? Sure, I know it has been done by other vocalists (IE - Ripper w/ Iced Earth comes to mind)

Might be harder than you think though.

I noticed this at Mokena and it was a bit distracting at first, considering he started most songs by staring straight down at the book.

i saw this gig in New York. Excellent show, all around. Lowe sounded awesome.

There was just one small thing that bothered me...
why was Lowe reading the lyrics off a little cheat book? It was on the floor at the NY show...

I thought he was one of Candlemass' biggest fans, and in turn they played a huge role in the creation of Solitude Aeturnus...

can someone help me with this? :erk:

I think this sort of thing is more common than you think. Especially, with these guys that play in several different bands, plus hold down a day job etc. Maybe he just flat out didn't want to screw up.

~Brian~

For the record, Lowe was flawless with no cheat notes, so he's obviously comfortable with the material.

Setlist was primarily from the first 2 albums plus the new one. Execution was top-notch. Consider me one mucho-impressed fan!

Rock on!

Man you are so lucky

I wanna see Daylight Dies so bad but they're not coming here

The new Candlemass is also amazing

I wish there was an ATL date :mad:

I don't mean to rub it in, but Daylight Dies were really good at what they do. I was pretty apathetic about them at first, but they created a fan. Nice bunch of guys, as well.

I'm sure they'll pop up in ATL at some point. Rest assured you won't be disappointed.

I don't mean to rub it in, but Daylight Dies were really good at what they do. I was pretty apathetic about them at first, but they created a fan. Nice bunch of guys, as well.

I'm sure they'll pop up in ATL at some point. Rest assured you won't be disappointed.

It's cool....yeah they are amazing

I've only known them for a few months but they've quickly become one of my favorite bands

I just pre-ordered their new album/shirt combo :headbang:

Saw them this past Saturday in Fort Worth and they were awesome live! This was their last stop on the tour and they were really having fun and sounded very tight! A really nice group of guys to hang out with after the show too.

Also kudos to Daylight Dies -- they are very, very good live. I kind of got a Katatonia meets Opeth vibe from their music, which I really enjoyed. This is a band with the potential to do some very good things I think!