Anthrax Kicked Rocheter Ny Ass Last Night....

MEGAFAN71

Aug 23, 2003
I Just Have To Say With Out A Doubt Anthrax Destroyed Rochester Ny Last Evening......the First Band Loopus Sucked .......coil Was Ok But...not What Everybody Is Making Them Out To Be ..the Next Big Thing They Kinda Bored Me A Bit.....but As Soon As The Blues Brothers Into Played I Got Goose Bumps And The When Contact Blared I Thought Here We Go For The Ride....into What Doesnt Die...itno Black Dahlia That Song Was Pure Power...if Any One I Mean Anyone Talks About John Bush Ever Again Ill Deliver My Foot Up There Ass He Is The New Metal God Of Vocals No Doubt About It....anthrax Delivers A Non Stop Show From Start To "i Am The Law" Ending Im So Glad They Broke Out In That Song Is One Of My Favs John Puts Joey To Shame Energy Energy....scott Also Remembered His Last Visit To The Arcade May 25 1987 The First Show On The Among The Living Tour....he Fell Off The Back Loading Dock..........lol.....they Are The Greatest Band Of All Time....now To The Goodies I Bought First Up I Got To The Band Stand And Saw They Call Them Goodie Bags It Was 2 Scott Ian Autographed Stickers One Was His Auto Then The Other Was His Autograph With 2003 Added Plus Three Picks Two Scott Simpson Pick And One With A Saying You All Are Killing Me........i Bought Two Of Those...next I Saw A Used Floor Tom Head,,,,with A Not Man Sticker I Grabbed That The Not Man Is Saying "ive Used This Head For 5 Show And Beat The Crap Out Of It Stay Metal" And Then Charlies Autograph....i Bought That Stuff Right Away And After The Show I Wen Back And Bought A Shirt Like The Band Wears But On The Back It Says Anthrax 03......what A Fucking Night Can Not Wait To See Them Again I Hope They Tour With Iron Maiden So They Can Tear Apart Maiden....thanks

First things first. Lacuna Coil fucking rocked, and fuck you for being too retarded and stuck in the 80's to enjoy it.

Second. Anthrax are the biggest bunch of assholes I've ever met. Several hours before the show, Scott came off the bus and walked by me. I said "Hey, Scott!".. and all he did was give me a dirty look, and he kept walking. The same thing happened with the rest of the band later on. I don't give a shit what kind of mood you're in. You don't fucking ignore your fans. Not to mention the fact that nobody was there because of their outrageous $22.50 ticket prices. Give me a fucking break, $22 for 3 bands? I saw Opeth, Lacuna Coil, Beyond The Embrace, and The End in Buffalo for $15.. and might I add, even The End put on a better show than Anthrax, and they were terrible.

And John, you fucking pussy. Stop crying about piracy. There's a reason why your new album isn't selling, and that's because you're a washed up 80's thrash band, who were never all that amazing in the first place. It has nothing to do with mp3s. And if you can't understand that, you're just as stupid as the fucking RIAA. Grow up.

In conclusion, eat my shit you rich whiny bitches.

bryan said:
Anthrax are the biggest bunch of assholes I've ever met. Several hours before the show, Scott came off the bus and walked by me. I said "Hey, Scott!".. and all he did was give me a dirty look, and he kept walking. The same thing happened with the rest of the band later on. I don't give a shit what kind of mood you're in. You don't fucking ignore your fans. Not to mention the fact that nobody was there because of their outrageous $22.50 ticket prices. Give me a fucking break, $22 for 3 bands? I saw Opeth, Lacuna Coil, Beyond The Embrace, and The End in Buffalo for $15.

I'll concentrate on the above portions of your post.
I've known the band personally since 1986, and i've been to dozens of Anthrax shows. They routinely sign autographs and take pictures with fans. IF they blew you off, it's probably because you were being obnoxious and/or gave off the vibe that you were a jerk somehow.....which I find not too difficult to believe based on your post.

"Outrageous" $22.50 ticket price? Iron Maiden tickets cost about $45 for inside the pavillion this summer. KISS and Aerosmith are well over $100 for most seats. You saw the 4 bands you mentioned above for $15. Those 4 bands are names that most people respond to with "who?". Anthrax is a bigger name band than those other 4 bands. Therefore, you paid an extra $7.50......and I can't believe you're complaining over the difference in price of that very small amount. Is it because you didn't want to work that extra 1 hour at McDonalds for an additional $7.50 pay in order to see Anthrax? I personally think seeing Charlie play drums live is priceless, but that's besides the point.
You're at least the 2nd person in the last few days to call a member of, or the whole band, "rich".
I didn't realize you were such an authority on the subject. Does this mean that you know how much profit a band makes when your average ticket is $20 and you play on average to about 500 people per night? That's $10,000 in ticket sales. Split that $10k with 5 guys in the band, and a road crew, and daily expenses, etc, and you're not left with a whole lot. Maiden in the U.S. this summer are playing to an average of around 10,000 per show at close to $50 per ticket which = $500,000 in ticket sales. That is just one example dollar wise that seperates Anthrax from "the big money makers". Gene Simmons lives in a mansion......John Bush does not.
How ironic that you end your post with "whiny bitches". I believe that's called a freudian slip. People often complain about exactly what they are, and instead of looking themselves in the mirror, project their own insecurities unfairly onto others, instead of onto themselves where it belongs.

MEGAFAN71- (And anyone else who got a drum head)
Charlie Not Only Signs the Drum Heads, But he Applys the Notman sticker, draw's the cartoon bubble and write's what the Notman says.
Those drum heads are 100% Charlie certified.
I was backstage hanging out with him and the rest of the rich whiny bitches, and was a witness to the drum head "art".

If Bryan liked Lacuna Coil more than Anthrax, than obviously his opinion is meaningless. And bitching over a ticket that's less than $25? What the hell's up with that, I haven't been to any concerts that cheap in a couple of years.

bryan said:
First things first. Lacuna Coil fucking rocked, and fuck you for being too retarded and stuck in the 80's to enjoy it.

Second. Anthrax are the biggest bunch of assholes I've ever met. Several hours before the show, Scott came off the bus and walked by me. I said "Hey, Scott!".. and all he did was give me a dirty look, and he kept walking. The same thing happened with the rest of the band later on. I don't give a shit what kind of mood you're in. You don't fucking ignore your fans. Not to mention the fact that nobody was there because of their outrageous $22.50 ticket prices. Give me a fucking break, $22 for 3 bands? I saw Opeth, Lacuna Coil, Beyond The Embrace, and The End in Buffalo for $15.. and might I add, even The End put on a better show than Anthrax, and they were terrible.

And John, you fucking pussy. Stop crying about piracy. There's a reason why your new album isn't selling, and that's because you're a washed up 80's thrash band, who were never all that amazing in the first place. It has nothing to do with mp3s. And if you can't understand that, you're just as stupid as the fucking RIAA. Grow up.

Sounds like a Lacuna Coil fan stepping into the light. Fuck you and megarock.

nythraxfan: That's hilarious. I love it when people try to sound smarter than they really are. Cracks me up every time.

Alright, so let's go right down the list. You're attempting to analyze a situation you weren't part of. All I said was "Hey, Scott!" and he gave me the cold shoulder. There was no obnoxious behavior. In fact, I came off a lot nicer than I usually do. So the fact that the entire band blew me off for no reason, obviously had something to do with them, and not how I acted.

And yes, I know quite a bit about the music business, as I am in a band and I do music promotion. Definitely more than enough to know that Anthrax are not poor. Yet, all I hear is bitching from them. "Piracy is killing album sales." Bullshit. "Metal is dying." Bullshit. Like I said before, there's a reason why people aren't going to Anthrax shows. Because they haven't made any worthwhile music in the past 10 years. I'll admit, they had their day. But that's ancient history. The fact that they put out a mediocre album, then expect to have the same kind of turnout that they did in the late 80's, and then release statements saying that metal is dying because they aren't filling 100-person venues, is ridiculous.

I didn't pay to get into the show. So I wasn't complaining about the ticket prices at all. But when the band complains that nobody shows up, and I look at a $22.50 ticket price for a small bar, the reasons for a small turnout are obvious. Not everybody has $50+ ($22.50 ticket, $5+ gas, $3 drinks, all in an enxpensive city to eat in) to see a washed up metal (or is it pop-rock? can't tell these days) band, a gothic rock group from Italy that, as you said yourself, nobody knows about.. and a local band the nobody cares about. Iron Maiden/Dio/Motorhead are doing amphitheatres, and charging $45 for seating, $27 for lawn. Makes sense to me, then you're at least getting 3 bands that paved the way for bands like Anthrax, even if they're all washed up as well, all for $5 more. Kiss/Aerosmith charge $100 ticket because, well.. they're two of the biggest bands in the world, that play for 2 hours a piece, and put on (from what I've heard) the most amazing show ever.

BRYAN..IS IT??I WAS THE ORIGINAL WRITER OF this post....and shove it up your ass.......anthrax destroys what iron maiden is trying to be right now....there new cd is a joke anthraxs cd kills theres and as for live maiden needs eddie to bring the crowd alive anthrax just does it by playing there tunes enough time wasted here over and out...

bryan said:
nythraxfan: That's hilarious. I love it when people try to sound smarter than they really are. Cracks me up every time.

Alright, so let's go right down the list. You're attempting to analyze a situation you weren't part of. All I said was "Hey, Scott!" and he gave me the cold shoulder. There was no obnoxious behavior. In fact, I came off a lot nicer than I usually do. So the fact that the entire band blew me off for no reason, obviously had something to do with them, and not how I acted.

And yes, I know quite a bit about the music business, as I am in a band and I do music promotion. Definitely more than enough to know that Anthrax are not poor. Yet, all I hear is bitching from them. "Piracy is killing album sales." Bullshit. "Metal is dying." Bullshit. Like I said before, there's a reason why people aren't going to Anthrax shows. Because they haven't made any worthwhile music in the past 10 years. I'll admit, they had their day. But that's ancient history. The fact that they put out a mediocre album, then expect to have the same kind of turnout that they did in the late 80's, and then release statements saying that metal is dying because they aren't filling 100-person venues, is ridiculous.

I didn't pay to get into the show. So I wasn't complaining about the ticket prices at all. But when the band complains that nobody shows up, and I look at a $22.50 ticket price for a small bar, the reasons for a small turnout are obvious. Not everybody has $50+ ($22.50 ticket, $5+ gas, $3 drinks, all in an enxpensive city to eat in) to see a washed up metal (or is it pop-rock? can't tell these days) band, a gothic rock group from Italy that, as you said yourself, nobody knows about.. and a local band the nobody cares about. Iron Maiden/Dio/Motorhead are doing amphitheatres, and charging $45 for seating, $27 for lawn. Makes sense to me, then you're at least getting 3 bands that paved the way for bands like Anthrax, even if they're all washed up as well, all for $5 more. Kiss/Aerosmith charge $100 ticket because, well.. they're two of the biggest bands in the world, that play for 2 hours a piece, and put on (from what I've heard) the most amazing show ever.
I've met Anthrax and they are very cool and down to earth. Rob was so awesome. John and I talked about the Gorge Ampitheater show where a mosh pit broke out during their set in the reserved seating. The fans ripped up the metal chairs and started tossing them everywhere. The Gorge Management tried to charge them for the broken chairs stating that "Creed performed here last week and we didn't have a problem with them." The Gorge is in Washington State and I had flown down to Texas to meet them and see other friends in Texas and we all got to meet them. We got pictures and autographs too.

Hmmmm... when I saw Anthrax for the last time, it was in Germany supporting the BIG Motörhead. Anyway, Anthrax kicked Lemmy and co's ass. Ask the diehard Motörhead fans. The moshpit was so neckbreaking everybody just couldn't move when Motörhead hit the stage. I also have seen Aerosmith and they sucked ass live, compared to Anthrax. I'm not a brainwashed fan, but I can tell you Anthrax have the best stage performance I've ever seen. And I might have seen EVERY fucking big band performing (well, except Alice In Chains :( ). So I'm not going to argue with you asshole. Anyway I think LC is a pretty good band.

Bryan, your coming off like a total asshole. Should I assume you ARE an asshole because your having a bad day or stating an opinion. Should I base what I think of you on this very limited exposure to your personality or our brief encounter???

I'll play the same borish game you are playing and just assume that you are an asshole.

I don't have time for this shit. Charlie is on the way over to pick me up in his Bentley. Then we're heading over to get Frank and Rob at the country club and meeting up with John later on to play cricket. I hope we make it back in time to get Scott at the airport. He's taking his private jet back from England where he had tea with the Queen Mother.

Ta-ta hoi polloi.

bryan said:

$50 is a drop in the bucket for me and I'm far from rich. And yes, you were complaining about the ticket price. Which makes you even more stupid now, considering you didn't pay.