What I miss about Anthrax

ThraxDude

Feb 2, 2002
There's one thing about Anthrax that has been missing.

One thing that we may never get to hear again.

It's too bad because this thing used to bring a certian attitude to the band.

I still love them. Anthrax is still Anthrax, but the thing that I really miss is their New York accents. Scott, Charlie, Frankie and Danny especally. Back in the OLD days of Anthrax, they all had that rad NY accent when they talked. And they've lost it. :(

ThraxDude said:
There's one thing about Anthrax that has been missing.

One thing that we may never get to hear again.

It's too bad because this thing used to bring a certian attitude to the band.

I still love them. Anthrax is still Anthrax, but the thing that I really miss is their New York accents. Scott, Charlie, Frankie and Danny especally. Back in the OLD days of Anthrax, they all had that rad NY accent when they talked. And they've lost it. :(
I don't think they've lost it completely; Scott still sounds like Queens to me. But, he hasn't lived in NYC for 15 years. But I don't think you ever lose your native accent; I still sound like Brewtown. I've seen the VH1 Behind the Music and Charlie really sounded Queens to me. Who knows; maybe it's been a conscious effort to lose it.

woah thats strange i was jus thinking this! I was watching POV and they jus sound so geek meets gangster its unbeliavble but now they sound way to normal.............does bello still have his a bit?

Frankie still has it a little bit. They all do a tiny bit. But if you watch the OLD footage that's mixed in with the Alive 2 documentary you can see the big difference.

All this talk about accents reminds me. I went to school with this kid who was born and raised in Canada, yet he would talk with an English accent! Whatta douche that guy was! :lol: I remember talking to him one time, and he was speaking in a normal voice without the accent, and I said to him "Not from England today?" His face turned beet red. Sorry about the sorta off topic rambling.

jackson3124 said:
Scott still has a bit of an accent I think, charlie not as much... Frankie probably the most still.

I agree. They seem to have more of an accent in person than on video?