New John Bush Interview

Joecephus

Mar 15, 2005
Cleveland, OH
www. joecephus.com
The Blabbermouth Headline makes it seem more then what it really is.

JOHN BUSH Reveals Most Hurtful Thing About His Split With ANTHRAX

"... It doesn't matter. Me and Scott, we speak a lot. I haven't talked to Charlie and Frankie, and it's kind of sad. It got a little weirder later, and there were some people's feelings that were hurt about decisions that were made. But, you know, we went through a long period of time… I was in ANTHRAX for almost thirteen years, and we made a lot of music together. So, again, I don't care. It doesn't matter anymore; it really doesn't. As a matter of fact, I'd probably entertain [the idea of] ARMORED SAINT opening for ANTHRAX some day. I do love the music I made in ANTHRAX, and I actually would prefer them to play a couple of songs [from my era in their current set]. But I understand why they don't, and I understand why Joey probably is not so embracing of that idea, and I get it. And I hold nothing personal about that whatsoever."

Agreed. News making a headline....big deal. But Bush is class. However you feel about him as a frontman, he consistently comes across in interviews as approachable, wise, non-judgemental, honest and so forth. Some of these qualities that sorely lack from his ex-bandmates. At the end of the day a person has only himself to answer to......

As much as I love Joey (and I really do ... a lot!) ... I miss Bush singing up front. I miss those Bush era songs too.

Joey & John are supremely too very classy people.

"It got a little weirder later, and there were some people's feelings that were hurt about decisions that were made."

According to Scott's words (in the book), John was about to rejoin Anthrax in 2009. Then at the last minute he told them he wouldn't. Probably pissed Charlie and Frankie off back then.

For a chain of events that seems to have worked out for the best for everyone and the bands involved, it annoys me how the media keeps making headlines and crap stories out of it and try to stir shit up all the time.

going slightly off topic here but I am curious how bands structure contracts and these things play out when band members leave or get kicked out. For example did Anthrax need to pay JB a salary when they decided to do the reunion tour? who owns the anthrax brand? was there a buy out when both Joey was originally kicked out. and/or when Bush left. and how is Joey paid now? as an equal partner?

going slightly off topic here but I am curious how bands structure contracts and these things play out when band members leave or get kicked out. For example did Anthrax need to pay JB a salary when they decided to do the reunion tour? who owns the anthrax brand? was there a buy out when both Joey was originally kicked out. and/or when Bush left. and how is Joey paid now? as an equal partner?

I would assume bush was paid a lot less than the other members,remember he really only did some cowriting on sown,Scott pretty much took full charge of lyrics for other albums and Charlie writes 99 % of the music,I would also assume that they have looked after belladonna quite nicely and would be all evenly distributed now as he rightly deserves.

I would assume bush was paid a lot less than the other members,remember he really only did some cowriting on sown,Scott pretty much took full charge of lyrics for other albums and Charlie writes 99 % of the music,I would also assume that they have looked after belladonna quite nicely and would be all evenly distributed now as he rightly deserves.

John wrote a few lyrics on Volume 8, and on WCFYA too, as far as I know. From what I've heard there were some issues concerning money from touring. I would also say that when Joey came back he took a good care of the contract conditions, not to get screwed over like twice before.

Joey got his equal share from Elektra money, when he got kicked out, at least that's what is in the Scott's book.