Last night in Montreal....

May 8, 2005
Anthrax kicked my fucking ass. This was the second time seeing them (first with Joey) and they blew me away with their intensity. I wouldn't say they blew away Priest, but they gave it their all and that's all a fan could ask for:headbang:

When they kicked it off with Among the Living, my heart was racing. The guitar tone was visceral. What's Ian using? Randall amps? Anyways, the sound was killer and they were fuckin' heavy. Joey was in real fine form as well. He also celebrated his birthday last night which was cool. Scott got the crowd of 5000 or so to yell out 'happy birthday Joey' which was awesome. He's looking good for 23!:D

Anyways, great show, one of the heaviest performances I have ever seen, and I've seen countless metal shows...

it was fucking awesome one of the best show i saw!!! joey was in great shape and frankie too! I wore a cap that i have written Injun under and joey saw me and gave me a cool grin!

The show was good. Better that i expected, but not nearly as good as when they came to the Spectrum or the Medly. Joey was good, Danny was not into it at all. Frank was great as usual, but had a few problems with his bass. Scott & Chuck were on fire as usual. They did not get the reaction that Priest did, but that was expected. All in all it was a good show, Joey was very outgoing, but he kept on mentioning how he wanted to rock us like it was 89 & just seemed dated.

Sounds AWESOME! I'm seeing 'em Saturday in London, I can't fucking wait! :Smokin: Whiplash, I believe Joey just turned 45. It's either that or 44. I'm pretty sure he was born in '60, but it might be '61.

walking dead 666 said:
The show was good. Better that i expected, but not nearly as good as when they came to the Spectrum or the Medly. Joey was good, Danny was not into it at all. Frank was great as usual, but had a few problems with his bass. Scott & Chuck were on fire as usual. They did not get the reaction that Priest did, but that was expected. All in all it was a good show, Joey was very outgoing, but he kept on mentioning how he wanted to rock us like it was 89 & just seemed dated.

Really? You thought the spectrum gig was stronger? Well, they did play longer of couse, and the set-list was more varied, but one thing was different: Joey wasn't there two years ago and that's why I enjoyed last night's gig over the spectrum gig. This is a countless argument, but they sound so much better with Joey. Don't get me wrong, Bush is the better singer--technically speaking--but Joey has more energy live, and they sounded way, and I mean way heavier with Joey than with Bush. But that could be due to the material at hand...

This was simply the best Anthrax show I ever saw... I saw them 3 times with John Bush and I saw Belladonna in his solo career once... This lineup is thick and they were full of energy that night, the only downpoint was I wish they played a small club like the medley or metropolis so I could've mosh it up... whoever the fuck decided to put chairs on the floor is a fuckhead!

I was amazed at the heavyness of the guitars too... it was simply brutal! Dan spitz is a great player.. I like his style hehe. At least Joey could get the mellow crowd going and ready for Priest by the end of the set... good exposure anthrax got too on that tour.