Are you kidding me, no posts about Anthrax in Hollywood last night??

Oct 5, 2003
Visit site
Maybe there is a post and I didn't see it, I figured this forum would be going nuts from the people that went last night to the Anthrax gig in Hollywood. All I can say is HOLY FUCK! Was this really 2006? I felt like I was back in 1992 when Anthrax were in their prime and just put the POT album out. If anyone has any doubts about the 'reunion' line up this show proved that the people are 100 percent into this. This was the largest sold out crowd I have seen for a metal band headling show in a long long time. The guys KILLED it last night. The crowd was going off like I have never seen. That was one of the biggest pits I have ever seen in my 30 years of Metal shows. I can't say enough, seeing all these metal heads going nuts was a glorious thing. Even though Charlie was not on drums they did not miss a beat. The dude from Shadows Fall filled in on drums and tore the shit up!

When I heard the few thousands of fans yelling "Joey Joey Joey" I knew he was going to be here to stay. This night was epic, I expected the show to be good but not THIS good. Fuckin unreal I am still on a buzzz from the night. I wasn't even drunk either, totally sober!

Songs were the same as the setlists floating around here. All the classics including Skeletons in the Closet, Madusa, Metal Thrashing Mad, etc etc

2 thumbs up for this show, one of the best Anthrax gigs I have ever seen

Awesome show... 'Skeleton' ruled all. Bummed out by the absence of 'Aftershock,' but the inclusion of 'Keep It in the Family' made up for it a bit. Meet and Greet was canceled because the Avalon double booked the venue... a fucking rave or some shit was going on there directly after the show. Go figure. Bittner was awesome, and Bello better never even think about leaving the band again. Joey's stage raps, though... good god, man... just let Scott do all the talking. ;)

Among the Living
Metal Thrashing Mad
Got the Time
Caught in a Mosh
A.I.R.
Keep It in the Family
A Skeleton in the Closet
Antisocial
N.F.L.
Medusa
Indians

Be All, End All
Madhouse
I Am the Law

This is the 3rd time I've seen them since the reunion. The crowd was absolutely pumped. Joey and Dan have brought the energy and "bounce" back to the band. It was kind of funny seeing all the 15 year old kids wearing the tight jeans and denim jackets.:hotjump:

SpiderDan13 said:
Among the Living
Metal Thrashing Mad
Got the Time
Caught in a Mosh
A.I.R.
Keep It in the Family
A Skeleton in the Closet
Antisocial
N.F.L.
Medusa
Indians

Be All, End All
Madhouse
I Am the Law

No I'm the Man??

I don't think they played Keep it in the Family in Baltimore. Probably because they had Aftershock in the set but I wasn't too crazy about this song in the set.

SpiderDan13 said:
Meet and Greet was canceled because the Avalon double booked the venue... a fucking rave or some shit was going on there directly after the show. Go figure.

The dance club has been going for years. On Fridays, don't be late for a show at the Palace (Avalon...what kind of fuckin' name is that stupid shit?), otherwise, you're going to miss the bands you came to see.

SpiderDan13 said:
Among the Living
Metal Thrashing Mad
Got the Time
Caught in a Mosh
A.I.R.
Keep It in the Family
A Skeleton in the Closet
Antisocial
N.F.L.
Medusa
Indians

Be All, End All
Madhouse
I Am the Law

That is a superb setlist. :headbang:

timmyc said:
That is a superb setlist. :headbang:

During Indians that was the biggest pit I have seen in recent memory. That floor was huge and the entire floor was one huge circle. I was up on the balcony looking down it was a fuckin awesome sight to see!

It is good to see them getting recognition. I felt the same way after I was at the Minneapolis show. I have not seen a crowd into a show that much since I don't know when. I was totally amazed at the floor and all the moshing going on. They have a ggod thing going right now and I hope this can continue in some shape or form.

OneManStandsThrax said:
They have a ggod thing going right now and I hope this can continue in some shape or form.

I am with you on that one man... They didn't come here on this tour but every review I have seen has just been awesome... The tour is speaking for itself even though there are those assholes in denial that I have seen on here calling the tour a "flop".. Some people just won't admit that it is going well and let those of us that are happy about enjoy it...