Metal 101 and Mr. Crowley kicked ASS last night!!!

steveheiress

The Iron Maidens' bassist
Jul 30, 2002
California
www.theironmaidens.com
What an awesome show last night at Kozmos... Metal 101 kicked some serious keister (I can't believe all the songs they dug up... Y&T's Meanstreak?? wow! memmmorrrieesssssss!!). You can check these guys out with the Maidens at Paladino's on August 24th -- great stuff! Definitley worth coming early to see!!

Mr. Crowley was awesome as always. I'm still reeling over Michael Cullen's 12-string bass -- I soooo wanted to look at that thing.:OMG: Wicked new bass or not, he is definitely a phenomenal player. All of Crowley are top notch musicians.

And if you're bored tonight, go out to Kozmos and support Whole Lotta Rosies, LA's all-girl AC/DC tribute band (no, I'm not doing this show; I am only playing the Japan date wif 'em, and maybe a teaser/warm-up show at a local bar in the Valley on 8/10; I'll have more details on that once I know them!!). If you're not at Kozmos tonight, you should be at The Shack, watching Dreams of Damnation wreak havoc -- this band is brutal, extreme, and hella heavy. And if you're a fan of female musicians, you must check out DoD's lead growler Loana dp Valencia!

Dark Angel fans may want to catch DoD at the Galaxy in September. I hear there's going to be a Dark Angel reunion at the end of their set!! ;)

Hell, plan your social life at moshking.com!!!

Originally posted by steveheiress
If you're not at Kozmos tonight, you should be at The Shack, watching Dreams of Damnation wreak havoc -- this band is brutal, extreme, and hella heavy. And if you're a fan of female musicians, you must check out DoD's lead growler Loana dp Valencia!

Dark Angel fans may want to catch DoD at the Galaxy in September. I hear there's going to be a Dark Angel reunion at the end of their set!! ;)

Hell, plan your social life at moshking.com!!!

Dark Angel reunion?! :OMG: I'm on that like white on rice!

I just might check out DoD tonight. See them if you have the chance. Loana's vocals threw me for a loop the first time I heard her. I thought it was a guy singing when I got to Paladinos and was still outside. So heavy... :worship:

Okay, went to the show. Personally, I think that Dreams of Damnation should have been headlining, but it seems like they had the best spot to be playing, so what the hey.

Met Loana. Very sweet girl. :saint: Hell, the whole band is cool. Watched the bass player get electrocuted onstage thanks to a faulty ground. Gotta go see them again with Kreator at the Galaxy. Promises to be a hell of a show. Just remember, you're not worthy, either. :worship:

Thanks Mel,

It was great seeing & there... I always get a little nervous playing a Maiden song in front of you. It was cool hangin with Dave as well.

Crowley RIPPED as expected... they're definitely the best Ozz trib I've ever seen. And I've seen quite a few in my time - sayeth the Ancient One.

Can't wait for the Paladino's show on the 24th. Talk about digging up songs - we have a little surprise in store for you that night. Seeing it's your final Maiden's show and all... :cry: stay tuned. No peeking... :p

We're gonna miss you!

PS. Loanna/DOD Rules!!

www.psychicmafia.com
www.metal101live.com

Originally posted by smylex
Okay, went to the show. Personally, I think that Dreams of Damnation should have been headlining, but it seems like they had the best spot to be playing, so what the hey.

I'm not sure why the band that was headlining WAS headlining; they even had their name on the marquee. No one was there for them and they were actually a bunch of kids (who did a great job for what they were; I love the slurpee/tomato paste on the head thing!!). It seemed like their parents bought them a Saturday night headling show at The Shack. But you would think that if you were a high school band that you'd be able to get a bunch of people to go; maybe during the school year they have a better draw?

Met Loana. Very sweet girl. :saint: Hell, the whole band is cool. Watched the bass player get electrocuted onstage thanks to a faulty ground. Gotta go see them again with Kreator at the Galaxy. Promises to be a hell of a show. Just remember, you're not worthy, either. :worship:

Loana rules! I wish I was going to be around in September for that Kreator/Destruction/DoD-DA show -- like, my high school life revisited!

Originally posted by SciKikMobster

Can't wait for the Paladino's show on the 24th. Talk about digging up songs - we have a little surprise in store for you that night. Seeing it's your final Maiden's show and all... :cry: stay tuned. No peeking... :p

Uh oh... my curiosity is piqued! As long as it doesn't involve Fro in a dress... I don't think I can take another surprise like that!!