Lord Belial

Thraxz

Melody be Thy Name
Aug 27, 2004
Las Vegas
Okay I've only managed to get about three songs(I.E. Desolate Passage, Monarchy of Death) from them and so far I like it an awful lot for black metal. I'd like somone to:

A) Point me at an album that is Lord Belial at their best.
B) and/or, point me at a place to get high quality MP3's of more of their music than a measly two. (Not soulseek or DC++ please.)

I appreciate it.

(Flame suit)

Kiss The Goat is my personal favourite. Enter The Moonlight Gate following a close second (thanks to the amazing Realm Of A thousand Burning Souls (Part 1). I can never grow tired of that song).

I'd say go look on Soulseek..which is the only thing I can really think of (well, besides DC++), besides buying the album itself. May I question why you refuse to check Soulseek (and DC++)?

Thraxz said:
Okay I've only managed to get about three songs(I.E. Desolate Passage, Monarchy of Death) from them and so far I like it an awful lot for black metal. I'd like somone to:

A) Point me at an album that is Lord Belial at their best.
B) and/or, point me at a place to get high quality MP3's of more of their music than a measly two. (Not soulseek or DC++ please.)

I appreciate it.

(Flame suit)

Well those 2 songs are great and off their "Nocturnal Beast" album. Most of the songs on that cd are done in the same manner, nevertheless it is a good album. My personal fav release from Lord Belial is "Enter the Moonlight Gate." It a lot more raw, but with fantastic female backing vocals if you're into that thing.

Lord Belial is very underrated, partially because no one is really aware of them. I've really only listened to those two albums. Though, I've heard some stuff from "Angelgrinder" which is less melodic and more aggressive.

The program I use to download is BitComet or BitLord, both great. Not sure if you've heard of those programs. Its free and you don't get viruses since you're basically just downloading what fellow metalheads are uploading. The only problem is that sometimes it can be hard to find someone to seed the album...or if all else fails I could upload some shit.

Thraxz said:
Soulseek is next to useless and I refuse to use DC++ because it's annoying.

I'm a bit confused on your 'useless' comment. What has made it so useless for you? I can understand your annoyance with DC++.

The only full Lord Belial I've heard is 'nocturnal beast' which I found great. The music might not please oldschool black metal fans, regardless I like the chords the guitar players are using throughout the album.

I've not seen any of their CD's but I haven't been to Tower Records in a while. Soulseek is useless because you simply can't find things sometimes. It took me a week to find Mithotyn at 128.

Lord Beliat is an utter crap...well not all but very very average band. I saw them live last year and they were boring as fuck. Funny how some people think that old black metal without pinch of inovation in 21st century.

I actually was playing with some guys for about 3 weeks. We callled ourselves Lord Belial. We thought it was perfect because Belial is the demon of uncircumcized demons according to the OT and the irony was that I'm Jewish (entirely) and our guitarist was half.

But these guys beat us to the name... fuck.