Lords of Chaos movie

QRV

historyphobic
Dec 8, 2005
cazandoelefantes.blogspot.com
Varg's already bitching about how it will be telling lies, etc, etc. Don't know when it'll be coming out. The filming started in 2006, so there might be word soon.

Btw, key word is FICTION, so don't expect a documentary nor anything:

San Diego film company ZU33 is currently developing "Lords of Chaos", a fiction film based on true events in the Norwegian black metal music scene in the early 1990s. The project goes into pre-production in November, with physical production scheduled to begin in Februrary 2006. The screenplay was written by Hans Fjellestad, Ryan Page and Adam Parfrey. Fjellestad is set to direct.

The movie is based on the book "Lords of Chaos: The Bloody Rise of the Satanic Metal Underground" (view cover/details at Amazon.com), which documents some of the events that have occurred in black metal's history, including the murder of MAYHEM's Aasarth Oystein (better known as Euronymous) at the hands of BURZUM mastermind Varg Vikernes (a.k.a. Count Grishnackh).

ZU33 described the movie as follows: "Equal parts music, true crime, occult, and subcultural anthropology, the book by Michael Moynihan and Didrik Søderlind chronicles the Norwegian black metal music scene in the early 1990s. Since that time, nearly 100 churches have been torched and desecrated by adherents of black metal, the most extreme form of underground music on the planet. In an escalating unholy war, black metal bands and their obsessive fans have left a grim legacy of suicide, murder and terrorism spreading from Norway to Germany, Russia, America and beyond. The feature film will focus on the relationship between legendary figures Varg Vikernes and Euronymous and the rest of the 'Black Circle' as they wage war against the powers that be in their native country."

"Lords of Chaos: The Bloody Rise of the Satanic Metal Underground" was originally published in 1998 by Feral House U.S. A second edition followed in 2003 which documents black metal activities since 1997.

Hans Fjellestad will make his feature film directorial debut with "Lords of Chaos" after two highly successful and critically acclaimed documentary films, "Moog" (2004, Plexifilm) and "Frontier Life" (2002, Third World Newsreel).

Emo kids are probably the target audience since there are enough of them, at least here where I live, to make the movie the most successful film of the year.

Emo kids are probably the target audience since there are enough of them, at least here where I live, to make the movie the most successful film of the year.
i'd rather say black-metallers-wannabes... you know, those kids who just discovered the genre, and think they are so trve, and who have been waiting for ever for Immortal's reunion....

This is from the Decibel website:

We have no clue which stage of production the allegedly forthcoming Lords of Chaos movie is in (the production company’s website says it’s “currently in development,” and we’re still hoping against hope that Leo Fitzpatrick will get the nod as Varg), but we can say with something bordering on near-confidence that at least one film featuring church burnings, head-stabbings and at least a modicum of corspepaint will hopefully appear in theaters sometime this year. To wit: Until the Light Takes Us, a black metal documentary directed and produced by Audrey Ewell and Aaron Aites, is in the final stages of completion.

The two NYC-based filmmakers went so cinéma vérité with this shit that they even moved to Norway for two years in order to cozy up to black metal OGs like Fenriz, Garm, Abbath, Frost and Hellhammer, all of whom appear in the film. But their biggest coup was scoring an on-camera interview with every corpsepaint commando’s favorite convicted murderer, Varg “Count Grishnackh” Vikernes, a man who had previously sworn off black metal interviews—and black metal in general—when he decided the art form was too closely related to rock ‘n’ roll, which comes from the blues, which is, after all, “black music.” As in: music created by black people. As in: he’s kind of a racist. Thing is, Ewell and Aites hadn’t even been into black metal for very long before they flew to the Arctic Circle. But when the first strains of unending frostbitten grimness first violated their virgin ears, they were like lambs to the checkout counter.

As of press time, Until the Light Takes Us has no official release date, but Ewell’s December 30th update to the documentary’s official site (www.myspace.com/blackmetalmovie, which also features clips from the film) assures visitors that it’s on schedule for a 2008 release. —J. Bennett

Chances are it's going to be total cheese, but certainly it will be interesting, anyway.

How dare you laugh?! From now on i demand be called Lhadyh Shirhenh.

Oh, I was laughing at the notion, that a man who wants to create
a utopian world where everyone is equal (that is as long as they are
not colored, cos they would be exterminated first), would call himself
a count.

That and the fact that he's a fucking racist moron.

I hope he's getting anally raped every day in jail.
It's the least he deserves.

a count.

I see. :) But you have to admit that using lots of "h" in your name is cvlt! :p

The whole bunch of them was fucked up, can't say i feel particularly sorry for them.
I do hold my doubts though on whether anal rape would be a proper punishment for him, since they seemed to condone rape and sodomy. Unless maybe it was conducted on them. ;)

no. too long, you spoil my fun.
You can call me Shrnh. :p

a count.

I thought you were laughing at the fact that he chose a name taken from The Lord of the Rings, the name of a lowly orc I might add :rolleyes:

I'd rather have a documental about Death Metal, or even better, just Melodic Death Metal than a Lords of Chaos movie but we need Niklas or someone to kill puppies to draw attention to the scene.

a count.

actally,this guy will be released from the jail in the next year(if I am right),so becareful,who knows whom gonna be his next target?at the same time, take a caution for the stabbing from black-metal-cvlt-ers.

actally,this guy will be released from the jail in the next year(if I am right),so becareful,who knows whom gonna be his next target?at the same time, take a caution for the stabbing from black-metal-cvlt-ers.

No one I know that's kvlt cares about Varg anymore. He released two awful electronica albums and since he won't be returning to guitars (despite the irony that acoustic guitars predate the blues movement, much less any form of modern music), there's no point in thinking about what he's going to do on his parole (which is most likely just going to be bitching). He truly is scummy, and as a mild black metal fan myself I can only say that hopefully he fades away to obscurity and infamy.

I still like some Burzum songs though, sorry, I do. I just try to block out where its coming from.

PS: I am NOT a fan of NSBM.

I thought you were laughing at the fact that he chose a name taken from The Lord of the Rings, the name of a lowly orc I might add :rolleyes:

Well, there is so many laughable things about the guy that it's hard to
pinpoint which ones you are laughing at any one time :lol:

I'd rather have a documental about Death Metal, or even better, just Melodic Death Metal than a Lords of Chaos movie but we need Niklas or someone to kill puppies to draw attention to the scene.

I second that documentary.

@rahvin
you should use something like [ -rahvin] when you edit things, I was kinda
wondering what the hell Le Rock was saying cos it sounded even stranger
than normally and then I noticed the edit.

So, something like this:

[In the future, I'll leave moderation to the moderators. -rahvin]

Would make it a bit easier to notice that stuff :)

@Salmy: Agreed! ;)

In any case, some Burzum songs were ok, but of course as soon as something becomes popular there's going to be a group of people wanting to be "-er" whatever that something used to call itself. Like, stupid and stupider.

I don't think Rhavin wanted his name put right next to the sentence in order to feel like he is the uberpwn0r who just pwnd La Roque and he definitely is one hell of an vberkvltpown0r.