Los Angeles show

Dude what the fuck do you mean they didnt let people in late? I missed every fucking evergrey song except the last one! Which pissed me off seeing as though they fucking rule. COB also rocked ass. As did IE. Much love all around. Christy rules \m/

The Evergrey/COB bus got to the venue at 4pm and were able to set up the merch table only. They had to wait until the Iced Earth bus got there because they had to put all the IE gear on the stage before their own. Since the IE bus didn't get there until 630 or 7ish, it was hell inside. The club could not let the fans in until 830 because it took nearly that long to get all the gear inside, take it out of the boxes, set it up, move the boxes and set up the merch. They did all of this in record time. I didn't think they'd make it because there was so much stuff. It would've been VERY dangerous to let people in before that, not to mention impossible for the crew to set up. This is also why no one got a soundcheck. Arnold is amazing in that he could fix the sound so damned fast!!! He's one talented dude. It was also amazing that the bands just forged on even though there were so many problems. Props to all the crew for kicking MAJOR ass on the last night! There was nothing anyone could do about the line or about how long it was going to take to get in, unfortunately. I had NEVER seen so many people in line before at the HOB in Hollywood... insane! I did feel REALLY sorry for the Evergrey fans that missed all or part of their set. :( There's only so much you can do in a situation like that.
And as I said on the other thread, it was NOT the Iced Earth guys that came out to give shots to the COB guys, it was the Evergrey guys. I took pictures of it.

Yah I'll post some soon. But keep in mind I have at least 400 pictures to scan between the three bands. That'll take a good 24 hours TOTAL to scan, then I have to upload them to my temporary site thing so y'all can see it, which will take another 3 or 4 hours. That's between me hassling with insurance people about my car that got totalled 5 weeks ago. I'm gettin there though, scanned 35 this morning already.

whew! 400!!! Damn, I got perhaps 70 between both bands(Cob and Evergrey; I missed most of IE's set.) Ya got me beat there, Squeak! :D But i do look forward to seeing them! (we still gotta double team a show sometime...!)

And i hope your car gets taken care of....

Squeak said:
Yah I'll post some soon. But keep in mind I have at least 400 pictures to scan between the three bands. That'll take a good 24 hours TOTAL to scan, then I have to upload them to my temporary site thing so y'all can see it, which will take another 3 or 4 hours. That's between me hassling with insurance people about my car that got totalled 5 weeks ago. I'm gettin there though, scanned 35 this morning already.

How did you take 400 pics and not get your camera(s) taken away?
yikes...

Yeah, same here. The I usually just get press passes(the couple times I had the all access option with either with Relapse bands since I work for the store, or when the bands just hand the laminates to me, in the cases of Marduk and CoB. :D) Press passes are quite cool but keep in mind some shows only give you the first 3 songs to shoot from the pit for. Some shows i was able to snap away the whole set; but most of the time you have to cram all your pics in from the photo pit in a small window. (tho most bands are usually cool with me grabbing a song or two from sidestage.)

Was it like that out in LA/San Fran, Squeak? Or did you get a bigger window?

Take your time with the pictures since your in that condition. I was watching the show, but I believe they were taking pictures the whole time.