Los Natas

MFJ

Jan 20, 2004
Behind the mist.
Does anyone know anything about this stoner-psychedelic band? I got one of their posters when Stefan from Colour Haze sent me a package... I looked them up and was able to procure one song that was very good. Reminded me of Kyuss quite a bit! Just wondering if their stuff is decent, because the money I'm making from weed means that I need more weed music. Cheers and thank you...

No, but when I was growing up, maybe 1987-88, there was a skater we all looked up to (and feared) who's name was Natas Kapas. Dude's probably 45 by now.

it took its fucking time loading, so i listened to 2 songs

first one (spanish name) was pretty boring, second one - called 13 - was a bit better and had a decent vibe to it but nothing memorable at all to me

maybe i'll pick one up if i see it for a good price. figured they might be okay since stefan recommended them to me...

on topic:
Om - "Conference of the Birds"

what a MASTERFUL album.

Toba Trance I/II are both good. Epic psych jams, a lot of tribal/folk influence ... I think you should go for one of those discs instead of whatever else they have.

I have seen them live twice (second time with Colour Haze - a friendly reminder) both gigs were some of the most boring experiences of my life. Doped and "burned" sound, just for the shake of it, no interesting moments and nothing special in general.

I was just looking over the recent arrivals at AllThat'sHeavy and I noticed there's a new Los Natas album out. Seems like they say it's the best yet, for whatever that is worth. However I went back and listened to Toba Trance I after my last post in this thread, and it was seriously unimpressive.

just sayin'

I seriously don't know why you guys don't like this band...

I got the München Sessions (2CD) from All That's Heavy and it's like an excellent mix of Colour Haze, Kyuss, and something original. The jams are long and just really involved. Maybe their other stuff sucks, but this is a seriously excellent 8.5/10 album!

dorian gray said:
No, but when I was growing up, maybe 1987-88, there was a skater we all looked up to (and feared) who's name was Natas Kapas. Dude's probably 45 by now.
I remember enjoying him when I was younger

Having newly purchased muenchen sessions I can see a certain jammy, informal tendency which might off-put some. But seeing as how Stefan has them on his label, produced MS, and guests guitar/voc on Jamm Aleman (German Jam) holy fuck that last track is total stoner jam heaven. And at 19 minutes it's mAxi single length I wish I didn't rule at prompt mailing so much, I could have put this on Nad's cd and saved him from this recent infatuation with black metal.

Plus it's got a memory enducing photo of Marienplatz on the insert :)

Munchen Sessions has gotten good reviews. I have considered checking it out, but in the past their spic vocals ruin my vibe.

There is definitely an overly casual vibe to this band, my limited listening shows me going into the studio and recording vaguely scripted jams. This can be good and bad, the fact that Stefan blesses it (and clearly has a love and endorsement of it) should not be a surprise to anyone into CH, As Stefan tightens his own band's compositions, that does not mean he has lost his love for jams and spontenaety (sp)

lizard said:
There is definitely an overly casual vibe to this band, my limited listening shows me going into the studio and recording vaguely scripted jams. This can be good and bad, the fact that Stefan blesses it (and clearly has a love and endorsement of it) should not be a surprise to anyone into CH, As Stefan tightens his own band's compositions, that does not mean he has lost his love for jams and spontenaety (sp)

amen to that! Colour Haze > everyone's mother

edit: ok I just checked out a song from Corsario Negro and it was a lot cooler than I remembered.