LOST SOUL Putting Finishing Touches On New Album

MetalAges

Purveyor of the Unique & Distinct
Staff member
Sep 30, 2001
Virginia, USA
www.ultimatemetal.com
Polish "extreme death/black" metal band LOST SOUL is mixing its new album, "Atlantis - The New Beginning", at Sound Division Studios with Arek "Malta" Malczewski for a summer release via an as-yet-undisclosed label. The CD will contain ten new songs on the standard edition and three bonus tracks on the special edition. Comments LOST SOUL's Jacek Grecki (guitars, vocals): "We are currently working on the final sound of our new brainchild and collecting ideas for album artwork. "We are very proud of what we've written. "It might seem that after an album like 'Immerse in Infinity', it might be hard to outdo ourselves artistically, but I think we succeeded. I am also quite pleased with the lyrics for this album. Lyrical layer is very mature, and is quite consistent with the conceptual nature of the entire album. The music itself has kept its extreme direction, but we took on a little darker atmosphere this time. The album is a little slower, and much more powerful than the previous, but from the first notes you know it is LOST SOUL. It begins with a faster, punishing tracks and then goes down to medium and slow tempo, and finally shows how 'catchy' fast, technical, brutal extreme music can get. "'Atlantis' sounds very lively compared to previous albums due to the fact that for the first time in history of the band, each of us recorded their respective instrument tracks. "I am very proud of the guys. "We've also invited four special guests to the record. More details on this coming soon."A teaser for "Atlantis - The New Beginning" is available below.LOST SOUL's fourth album, "Immerse In Infinity", was released in 2009 via Witching Hour Productions. The effort contained "eight crushing anthems (57 minutes) of monumental extreme death metal in vein of NILE, HATE ETERNAL and VITAL REMAINS," according to a press release.

More...