Lost tracks

D.Ingram

Mar 17, 2008
Sheffield, United Kingdom.
To incite discussion.

I've noticed that a few bands have the occasional song that's absolutely astonishing, yet they'll never re-record or reissue it in any form - a prime example is Sabbat's 'Blood for the Blood God'. Excellent track that was only ever issued on a 7" with an issue of White Dwarf, then it never appeared anywhere again. It's not been on any reissues, nothing. And that's just plain wrong - it'd fit their debut like a glove.

I'm sure there are similar instances from other bands' demos, singles etc. that people will love to hear re-recorded or put as a bonus track on something. Discuss.

-----------------------------------------------------

EDIT: Sabbat actually play Blood for the Blood God live every so often, but still.

EDIT2: This doesn't account for tracks you wish bands would play off an album or whatnot - this is for those odd tracks that made a singular obscure/rare appearance and then got cast off into the shrouds of time. Just to make that clear.

So would something like Prisoner of Your Eyes by Judas Priest count? It only appears as a bonus track on newer versions of Screaming for Vengeance.

Reign of Terror was on their original demo and was rerecorded for First Strike Still Deadly but with Zetro on vox instead of Chuck... Apparently it was a b-side too but I've never heard that version.

Reign of Terror was on their original demo and was rerecorded for First Strike Still Deadly but with Zetro on vox instead of Chuck... Apparently it was a b-side too but I've never heard that version.

It also made an appearance on the '93 EP "Return to the Apocalyptic City", although offhand I'm not sure if it was the original version or a re-recording...

Does The Favourite Game count?

Also I though 'Blood for the Blood God, thats Warhammer? WHITE DWARF!!!!'

Yeah I remember reading in the 30th Anniversary issue of White Dwarf about the issue which came with a Warhammer inspired Sabbat song on a Flexi Disk. Games Workshop used to be way more metal, they used to sell Bolt Thrower albums in store. I remember the days when they stopped playing metal in store, was such a sad time. I have fond memories of hearing Slayer for the first time in one of their stores.

I reckon I would do it now but its just so darn expensive. The models arn't too bad it you play but also the cost of me starting up again and getting all the paints would be very expensive.

Anyway on lost tracks. I can't think of any more ^^