LotFP #67: Lars K. Norberg! Dave Murray! Karl Simon! Dave Burns article! Reviews!

Jim LotFP

The Keeper of Metal
Jun 7, 2001
Helsinki, Finland
www.lotfp.com
Details on LotFP #67:

There will be a giant interview with Lars K. Norberg of Spiral Architect. Yup. This is big, and filled with in-depth bass guitar talk.

Dave Murray (the Estradasphere one, not the guitarist in that obscure British band) discusses his new death metal project Tholus!

Dave Burns writes about his experiences attending Minneapolis Mayhem 3!

And I have an interview with Karl Simon of The Gates of Slumber.

It will be out in October, and there will be no extra copies printed. Some go to distributors, people who pre-order get theirs, and that's it. So order now! (SELL SELL SELL BUY BUY BUY)

#66 was 12 pages of content. #67 will be 26! ORDER NOW because postage is going to KILL me. :D

http://www.lotfp.com/order.php

Jim LotFP said:
Dave Burns writes about his experiences attending Minneapolis Mayhem 3!
Now that is a reason to preorder this issue and bump this thread! :p

Seriously, though, I was thinking about the impending release of #67 and was wondering if you were still following the six month rule of reproducing printed content on the web. I'm too lazy to look around and see if that language is still out there anywhere, but might not be a bad idea to "publish" the web version of #66 close on the heels #67 for the benefit of people who come across the new without seeing the old, and get them and others a little more riled up and excited with a deluge of "new" content on two fronts.

Just throwing my random and incoherent thoughts out for consideration....

DBB said:
Seriously, though, I was thinking about the impending release of #67 and was wondering if you were still following the six month rule of reproducing printed content on the web. I'm too lazy to look around and see if that language is still out there anywhere, but might not be a bad idea to "publish" the web version of #66 close on the heels #67 for the benefit of people who come across the new without seeing the old, and get them and others a little more riled up and excited with a deluge of "new" content on two fronts.

Just throwing my random and incoherent thoughts out for consideration....

A single copy of LotFP is too pricey for my tastes right now. It's just necessary to charge that much because I'm throwing enough money away on this as it is.

But if people are buying it (and some certainly are!), I think the least I can do for them is not turn around and give the content away for free.

That said, when I have the cover of the new issue done, I will post both that and one review from #66 so people can see what the writing looks like these days. I don't think any paying customer would begrudge me that much. :)

Jim LotFP said:
But if people are buying it (and some certainly are!), I think the least I can do for them is not turn around and give the content away for free.

Damn right! :heh:

Jim LotFP said:
That said, when I have the cover of the new issue done, I will post both that and one review from #66 so people can see what the writing looks like these days. I don't think any paying customer would begrudge me that much. :)

I'll authorize that! :tickled:

Jim LotFP said:
Sounds reasonable to me. I can get a bit excited at times.

LotFP #67 is back from the proofreader!

So, here is today's schedule:

6:30am Go back to bed.

7:30am Wake up, pack up, head to printer.

8am Hope the printer doesn't actually open at 9, and hope they aren't busy this morning.

10am Bring the raw components of the issue home. Assemble one copy so the wife can go mail it and we figure out if it's more than 50g or not.

10:40am Go to school.

3pm Get home. Begin assembling the issue. If it is over 50g, get the scissors out and begin cutting off margins because I can't afford to pay 2.90€ a copy in postage instead of 1.20€. :p

5-6pm Judge whether all the envelopes can be stuffed in time to get to the post office by their 7pm closing time.

9pm Head off to the Fall of the Idols, Funeral Planet, Miseria show.

@2, 2:30 am... head home after interviewing Fall of the Idols.

Fuuuucckkk this is not going to be a very fun day.

Maaaaaaaaaaaaaaan.

The print shop was indeed open at 8am. Problem was, it was raining as hard as I've ever seen it here in Finland. Wind-whipping-the-umbrella-inside-out raining. And I am bringing hardcopy to the print shop and trying to let it not get wet.

I get there... and the machine they use for these kinds of things (the not-crappy-copier) is printing all splotchy with lines all over the place, so it is being serviced this morning. They expect the job to be done by the time I'm done with class today though. I had a test copy done anyway to make sure the booklet crap was all lined up correctly (it was). My only hesitation for this issue is one layout problem with a review header (logo + name, running time, label) being by itself on a page with the review itself starting on the next page. Not something I was going to spend time worrying about.

I'll see what I can do but Monday might have to be mailing day.

Time ran out. Sort of.

Kråklund got their copies. Passed out a half dozen at the Fall of the Idols show tonight. So it IS out.

But the envelopes to be mailed are still sitting on the table in a box. They will be delivered to a post-office-in-a-grocery-store tomorrow (well, later today) but they won't go anywhere from there til Monday.

But LotFP #67 is FINISHED and OUT!

Mailed on Saturday. The only people who would have copies as of right now are those people I have personally handed them to, and anyone that picked them up Saturday or today down at Kråklund.