LotFP Lives in Print! News! News! News!

Jim LotFP

The Keeper of Metal
Jun 7, 2001
Helsinki, Finland
www.lotfp.com
OK, I'm still maybe a couple weeks from having internet at home. But...

LotFP #66 should be printed by the end of July.

8 pages. 200 copies. Novembre interview plus a smattering of reviews.

Fuck this waiting around for almost a thousand dollars to come my way. :p

People who paid $3 in advance will get this AND the next one.

Writing will be done by the end of this coming week, and hopefully the guy that proofed Scum is available to proofread this one. My old LotFPs just arrived from the States so I can see if I can partially finance future issues by selling those.

Of course, the 2004 Swanö, Dusk, Lunaris, Ásmegin, and Cea Serin interview tapes arrived as well so I can get back to work on The Book.

Busy busy.

LotFP is an actual, in-print publication and not just a website. Just so everyone is clear on that.

I just sent my payment.

Interesting...thinking of doing more of these short and small runs in the future?

Two things:

One, the issue will be delayed a little bit. I've got some weird ear-stoppage/infection which means I can't hear anything, which also means I can't listen to anything. So I can't write reviews, which is what needs to be done at this point.

Envelopes are also much cheaper than I thought, so it may be 12 or even perhaps 16 pages long.

Yes, I think for the short term these short-runs are the future of LotFP. If anyone wants to donate the $700 I'd need to do a 32 page, 1000 run through the web press at the Co-Op, go ahead. If not, these shorter runs are the only way LotFP is going to be in-print.

Monday is the 4 week mark since the move, and that's the time period the internet company gave us for being online in the new place. I'll have to change a few things on the site (such as not being able to take Paypal for orders... the previous plan was printing in Florida and having my mother mail everything out... heh... but if I'm doing everything local here in Vaasa, that won't work since my Paypal is tied to my US bank account, useless to me in paying printing and postage here.)

Went to the doctor yesterday.

Got the ears flushed. One ear had something resembling a corn flake in it, the other had a large black mass of gunk that Sanna said looked like a cat turd. The nurse was GROSSED OUT.

While I am so glad I haven't done very many reviews this past couple of years if that shit's been floating around my ears, I am also glad to report I played all my favorite albums when I got home, and they still sounded like my favorite albums. I haven't been listening to music half-deaf all this time. *phew*

OK. Internet connection will be up Friday, so we're told. At that time I hope to have enough material for 12 pages of LotFP ready to be sent to a proofreader, and once corrections come back, it shouldn't be more than 2-3 days before they get mailed out. *crossed fingers*

We'll see if things go this easily. :)