LotFP #66 COMPLETED

Jim LotFP

The Keeper of Metal
Jun 7, 2001
Helsinki, Finland
www.lotfp.com
The writing is complete.

1 interview, conducted in person.
10 reviews. Over half of them for self-released albums.
12 pages. (plus cover)
15250 words. (yeah, the LotFP font is back. Good thing I had an eye exam today to get a new pair of glasses)

It was sent off to the proofreader a few minutes ago. He turned Scum around in less than 24 hours, but of course there's no guarantee that he will turn this around this quickly.

After that, it goes to the printer, and that will take a couple-few hours.

Then envelope stuffing.

Then postage and the post office.

Then I am done.

LotFP #67 is tentatively scheduled for October.

And I've decided that even if I have to sell everything I own to do it, there will be an all-glossy, snazzy looking 10th Anniversary issue in 2008.

edit: Oh yeah, I guess I should mention how to get this issue I'm announcing.

If you're in Vaasa, Kråklund Shåp will be getting a stack. Firebox has agreed to put copies in with orders as well. Copies through both of these outlets will be free.

If you're not in Vaasa or a regular customer of Firebox, you need to pay. Sorry. In the future, no extra copies will be kept on hand, but since this is the first issue in this cycle of LotFP, a few extra will be kept on hand to accomodate orders.

LotFP #66: 2€ within Europe / US$3.00 elsewhere
LotFP #66 + Next two: 5€ within Europe / US$7.00 elsewhere

Pricing for Back Issues:
LotFPs 60, 62, 64, 5th Anniversary Issue, Scum (170+ pages total!): 5€ within Europe / US$10.00 elsewhere
Grab bag of a dozen LotFP back issues (350+ pages total!): 10€ within Europe / US$25.00 elsewhere

All prices include postage.

Only well-concealed cash can be accepted at this time. Yeah, that means ordering a single copy from within Europe involves taping a coin to a piece of paper. All "profits" go towards the costs of the next issue.

Jim LotFP said:
It was sent off to the proofreader a few minutes ago. He turned Scum around in less than 24 hours, but of course there's no guarantee that he will turn this around this quickly.

"I am reviewing it now, and you should get it back by tomorrow or Friday."

So a Monday mailout looks most likely. Cool. :)

The proofread document was in my inbox when I woke up this morning. A tad late, but hell, it's not like he's being paid any money to do this.

24 corrections in a 15,200 word document. I remember this guy begging me to let him proofread old LotFP Weeklies before they were printed, and he had marked off forty mistakes ON ONE PAGE (or was it two?) to prove his point.

Fascinating that by the time I listened to him, I'm not making so many mistakes anymore. haha.

Anyway, I'll be at the printer at 8am tomorrow, and we'll see if everything's together before the post office closes at 7pm. Might be a Tuesday mailout.

Occam's Razor said:
punctuation is a pain. In German, we've had so many "reformations" in the language recently, that nobody knows what's right anymore.

Punctuation is a pain when you're working in Arial 6.5 font (eyeballs will again hate me, but it is larger than the font has been the past!) and writing within the layout format in order to know when one doesn't need to review any more albums. :D Commas and periods look pretty damn similar. haha.

Issue is printed by a place called Multiprint and folded by me and Sanna.

Stapling is quite impossible, we should have videotaped the experiments where we determined this to be so. Not mankind's finest moment.

Envelopes are filled and labeled.

Sanna is taking care of putting stamps on the envelopes and making fun of all my subscribers' names. She is reminded that her last name is Raggi now. heehee.

We'll be off within a half-hour to mail them.

Jim LotFP said:
If you do a 3-issue thing, I can get a copy of 66 out the door immediately and you'll still have two more coming.

I just ordered this, so feel free to begin with 66. :) Let me know if you have any questions regarding shipping address, or whatever, but I believe it should be on the PayPal receipt.

circus_brimstone said:
I just ordered this, so feel free to begin with 66. :) Let me know if you have any questions regarding shipping address, or whatever, but I believe it should be on the PayPal receipt.

Your first issue goes out today then.

You ever go to any IWA-MS shows in your area? :D

Great edition.

Firstly, I wasn't expecting to get a copy, so thank you.

Secondly, it's a shame I read the whole thing so fast. I should try to savour future publications.

Thirdly, you have a good knack in making me want to listen to the band after reading their interview (as opposed to the review section). It's just a shame that the new Novembre isn't as good as their previous outing.

Finally, good review on Hammers. I think most people aren't going to stick with it like they did The Bastard or TAE, but overall, certain tracks should do well embedded within their live sets. Thing is, are they ever going to play live, and what on earth would they sound like at this point?