LotFP needs YOU to help with advertising copy. :p

Jim LotFP

The Keeper of Metal
Jun 7, 2001
Helsinki, Finland
www.lotfp.com
... anybody who's read the latest LotFP knows I'm not going to be the one to come up with a slick advertising message to entice people to read.

However, I am running ads on Google. It's cheap (just five cents a click), but nobody's clicking on it. I fear I am running a lame ad. Here's what it looks like:

LotFP Metal Magazine
New Issue Only $3 Available Now!
Extreme Criticism For Extreme Music

It's text only. I guess I need something more... snazzy to get people to the site. (I know, I know, a more attractive site would help... bleh). Here's the ad format:

Headline: 25 characters
Line 1: 35 characters
Line 2: 35 characters

Give me some good ad copy, people. :D

Hmm. That's a tough call. I'm not so good with advertising. Here's an idea, though: just use a picture of the latest issue with no text whatsoever. People will probably end up wondering wtf it is, and would thus click on it. Just a thought.

circus_brimstone said:
Any update on this?

Not really. I got a couple of ideas (the picture thing wouldn't work, I get billed per-click so people clicking on something if they're not sure what it is is a bad idea...) but nothing's really sticking. aargghh. heh

I'd ditch the use of 'extreme' at the very least. It's an over-hyped buzzword that brings to mind mallcore-worshipping twits and advertisers trying to hard to talk cool to the kids. But, that's just me :D

Yeah, I'm not much help, either. :/